My husband and I stayed at the resort for a few days in April. He was there at a conference, and we decided to stay an extra couple of nights. After reading the reviews, I was pretty excited at the prospect of staying at the resort. While there were many positives, there were also many negatives. As a result, we would probably not return again.
Pros - Excellent staff. Very helpful and friendly. If there was an issue, it was handled right away.
Beach is superb and very clean. Nice that they have separate "cabanas" for guest use. Beautiful surroundings and outside is well kept. Valet parking friendly and very efficient.
Cons - I realized (after the fact) that the reviews said there were a large number of renovated rooms. Unfortunately we were not one of the lucky ones. The room, although nice and large, was really outdated. The air conditioner operated as if it was from the stone age. It rattled loudly and expelled a weird odour when first fired up. Ugh and yuck. The patio door didn't close properly. Bathroom was really dated too..although clean except for surrounding walls and sections on doors. Not worthy of a 4 star resort at all.
- There was a lot of noise by contractors working on the outside of the building. And I mean heavy drilling and pounding noise. Very early in the morning. And I mean around 6 am or earlier. When we were there, the resort seemed 1/2 empty so we wondered why we would be placed in a wing where contractors were working on outside walls. There was also a note under our door that contractors would be coming in one morning to replace air conditioning filters and inspecting alarms. This was the morning after my flight and the hours indicated in the memo were way too early. We called the front desk and asked them to come at another time.
- Housekeeping rolled their carts quite early in the am making it difficult to get some much needed rest
- The bar closes really early when the resort is not busy enough. In our world, 9pm is way too early for a bar to close. We found the same thing with the Orange Beach strip too in that many restaurants chose to close at 8pm. Huh?
Overall, the surroundings and staff made this resort..but the negatives were enough to make us think twice about ever returning. The resort seems to have missed the boat on running the place like a four star venue, and compared to other places in the US did not meet up with expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service Mediterranean-style resort hotel located on the beautiful white sand beaches of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Perdido Beach Resort is perfect for a weekend-getaway, a relaxing vacation or a business meeting accompanied by beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Perdido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perdido Beach Hotel Orange Beach
- Orange Beach Perdido Beach
- Perdido Beach Orange Beach