After seeing a review for this property titled "Creepy", I had to submit my own review. My husband and I have visited the Original Romar House for the first time in 2003. We patiently waited for the re-opening after Ivan, and were thrilled when we found out the property was "open for business". Our last trip was in January of this year and we are planning another visit in the fall. Darryl is one of the most gracious hosts I've ever met. He makes sure our needs are met and completely RESPECTS the fact that couples staying at the house are there typically there for "couple time". You will find him each day completing his daily "chores" around the property but he will take the time to chat, if YOU want to strike up a conversation, never imposing. His breakfasts are wonderful and the "wine & cheese" parties are a great part of each evening. This is a great couples retreat, do not miss out on the atmosphere and hospitality of this wonderful beach gem. We will continue to plan our "get-aways" to the Romar House and highly recommend others to do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Original Romar House is a favorite for travelers seeking a beautiful, romantic destination. The Inn features a delicious Southern Breakfast, complimentary wine & cheese, and luxuriously appointed rooms. You can enjoy an early morning cup of coffee on the spacious back deck looking at the Gulf, or join other guests in the parlor for friendly conversation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Original Romar House Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Original Romar House Hotel Orange Beach
- Original Romar House Orange Beach