“Original Romar House, Best B&B in Orange Beach, AL”

The Original Romar House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Orange Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just spent the last few days at the wonderful Original Romar House. This house built in 1924 has many stories to tell. From the moment we arrived we felt at home with Greg and Deborah. They took care of our every need while providing us with a vacation we will never forget. Romar House is a beautiful B&B located on the beach in Orange Beach, AL. You will feel at home enjoying the pool, beach, hot tub and a fully stocked bar. If you get the chance ask Deborah to tell you her story. She has a very interesting background that she would love to share. Breakfast was always excellent and more than you can eat. The rooms are very nicely decorated and beds are very comfortable. We highly recommend you check out Romar House. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Gary N

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This B&B is such a wonderful spot. It is right on the beach in an area where very few people were- occasionally someone walking by but that was it! There is a pool, Jacuzzi, the most comfortable hammock ever, great reading and relaxing spots both in and outside, and a little onsite bar. You simply cannot find a better place. Plus, the comforter on the bed may have been the most cozy thing ever. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank DagnyBrenna
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here from July 1st - July 10th. This is by far, one of the best B&B I have ever stayed at! This ranks as one of the best vacations I have had in quite some time! Greg and Deborah are great hosts! The breakfast's are the best I've had in quite some time. During July 4th, Greg even made BBQ ribs and pulled pork (very good!). My wife and I saw dolphin's there just about every day! (According to the owner, they are his pet dolphins! LOL!) I like that there are no ridiculous rules like some other B&B's that my wife and I have stayed at in the past. (And we are no spring chickens!) For the money, this place can't be beat!

1  Thank John N
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

If u don't like crowds and high rises, this place is for u. This b&b has a great location, far from crowds. The bfast here is awesome. Deborah and Greg are great hosts. There are no tvs in the bedrooms, which was ok. However, I wish the 2 tvs upstairs had better picture. My only complaint. Great spot and will return.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank John W
Reviewed April 16, 2012

What an incredible delight. On the one hand I would love for the Romar House B&B to be my best kept secret on the Gulf Coast, but on the other I hate not to share the most awesome place to stay. Especially if you are a couple looking to keep your child-free status a priority while on vacation or parents looking for a getaway without the kids. My husband & I have nothing against kids but we always manage to stay somewhere where there are kids/teenagers running around yelling and banging doors and just being general nuisances. Not at the Romar House!! It has everything you are looking for: top notch, A#1, fantastic hosts in Greg & Deborah, a delicious breakfast every morning, a pool, beachfront with walkway to the beach, jacuzzi, wine & cheese at 6 Mon-Sat to get to meet the other guests. Not to mention getting to experience a tub full of down home Southern charm and hospitality. This will be our home away from home when we visit the AL Gulf Coast. We had a wonderful time and I HIGHLY recommend the Original Romar House B&B for your OB getaway!!

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Sandey30
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Original Romar house saved our vacation after we had a horrible stay at another B&B. The room was clean and super comfortable. Deborah and Greg were so nice and we will be back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mikeycost
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My stay at Romar was amazing. I was greeted by the proprieter and made to feel like I was his only guest. I stayed at the cottage and I wish I could've moved in- so quaint and relaxing. I will absolutely be back to The Original Romar House! Its not the typical condo or hotel- The proprieters take service and relaxation to the next level.

• Stayed: April 2012