“Very caring staff! They returned valuable necklace that I left behind”

Best Western Opp Inn
Best Western Opp Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Opp
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mountain Brook, Alabama, United States
“Very caring staff! They returned valuable necklace that I left behind”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Opp for a business meeting. Upon arrival I was very pleasently surprised by how clean and modern the hotel lobby was. I have had negative experiences in the past at another Best Western location but the Opp Best Western was a breath of fresh air. The staff was very friendly, they offered me directions to anywhere I needed to go. The room was very clean and comfortable much like you would find at an upper/middle tier hotel. Much nicer than I expected to find. After leaving I realized that I had left behind a necklace that had a lot of personal value as well as being modestly monetarily valuable. I called immediately and the manager went to my room, got the necklace and mailed it to my home. I was so pleased! I will stay at this hotel again if I should find myself in Opp again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lauren S
Neil P, General Manager at Best Western Opp Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we got your necklace back to you! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Roy, Utah
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. The only problem I had was that the bed seemed a little short for my 6'3'' self. But most hotels are the same so I'm not holding it against them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon S
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Lady at the desk was very nice and helpful. Room was very clean, had a large minifridge and a microwave. Bed was very comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. Walls and doors seem thick, cause I couldn't even hear my own TV once I shut the door to run grab some ice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nathan M
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel reminds me of the larger upscale hotels in arger cities. The rooms are large, and included is a microwave & refrigerator which really is a nice amenity. The management staff were very nice and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in that part of the country.

I see where one reviewer said the gas station was five miles away, well this is incorrect - the gas station is about a mile away. Also, the continental breakfast was served between 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m, so why would you say the breakfast was not prepared at 6:45 a.m., maybe you should read the information the hotel provides.

Lucy B.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lucy B
Andalusia, Alabama
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Each time I travel through the area, Thats my stop.... Great people.... Beds are commmfy

Very Clean, Quiet ...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kadynkyliesmom05
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel is great. The staff could not have been nicer. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Opp or anywhere else on the way to Florida for that matter. Clean, courteous, and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric W
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel is by far the nicest building in the whole city of Opp, AL! It is clean, professionally ran, and best of all- the management staff make you feel right at home. You get an extremely comfy king sized bed with feather-down pillows, and a velour comforter, a 40 inch flat screen, fridge, microwave, huge tub/shower and a great hot breakfast!

I stay here 1-2 times per month and it is the HIGHLIGHT of my business trips to Opp, AL! It's also a great place to stay if you need a break from driving on your way to the coast!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashlie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opp
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia
Hampton Inn Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#1 of 8 in Enterprise
Holiday Inn Express Enterprise

Been to Best Western Opp Inn? Share your experiences!