“Very pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here on Christmas Day. The hotel was quiet and comfortable. No problems with check-in - staff member was efficient and pleasant. The room was clean, large and well equipped. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, waffles, sausages, eggs. Overall a very good stay and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Great staff. They give you water bottles and snacks as you check in. Very clean room in quiet Opelika is just minutes from Auburn. This was a business trip and it was prime location. Clean room and very helpful Southern hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First and foremost, I am an avid Hilton honors member and try to stay at one of their properties whenever available. After my experience at the Hampton Inn Opelika, that is the first thing that I am changing. So the saga begins... driving from NC to Louisiana we had been on the road for approximately 9 hours. Around 1am, we decided to get a good nights sleep in Opelika at this Hampton Inn. There were maybe 15 cars in the parking lot and lots of open windows with lights on so we could clearly see there was availability. We walk up to the door and we were greeted via the intercom from the front desk asking could they help us. As the front desk lady peered through the locked doors at our family, she immediately replied that they were booked solid. No rooms at the Inn. This seemed odd given the number of cars and vacant rooms we could clearly see driving in. But I thanked the young lady and proceeded next door to a Holiday Inn Express. Basically the parking lot looked about the same. Same scenario but totally different outcome. We are greeted at the door and were immediately let in and given a room. After checking in, I was still curious about this so I went online and tried to book a room at this same Hampton. No problem.. in fact there were all sorts of rooms available. Lesson learned... this Hampton Inn either has a very lazy front desk person working its night shift or has a problem with allowing people of color to stay there. You can believe whatever you want but I was born and raised in the south so I know this type of treatment from first hand experience. In this year of 2012, it is a shame that there are still pockets of ignorance in this country when it comes to treating people equally. I do plan to write a letter of complaint to there corporate office and am considering legal action. No one should be subjected to this kind of blatant racism!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank BigD_88
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel is what I expect from a Hilton hotel, nothing fancy but a solid place to stay. I appreciate the consistency. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great location, and a good/hearty/free breakfast. Prices are high during football season, but that's the norm.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My past few trips I have stayed at Holiday Inns, so this trip I thought I would try the Hampton Inn. Not ton of choices in Opelika but next to this Hampton Inn is a new looking Holiday Inn that had I known about it I probably would have stayed there. My room was larger than normal since it was a handicap accessible room. Te walls definitely need to be touch up. There is significant wear on the walls and the tv cabinet was broken. Warning to needing a true handicap room, this is not it. Check out the height of the sink in my pics. Also the shower is a step up not a roll in. However the room had plenty of space. The hotel is very close (1 mile) chain restaurants and big box stores. For the money, I will definitely check out the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed one night while playing golf at nearby Grand National. Good clean rooms, really like the walk-in, full size showes instead of the tub shower. Good breakfast area, friendly staff, slightly secluded location is quiet but convenient to shopping area on the other side of the interstate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan H
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night while returning from Houston to SC. It was late and we had no reservations but the young lady at the desk was very welcoming, pleasant and accommodating! She apologized that they only had a double queen rather than a king but we didn't care about the two beds. They were comfortable and we slept well! She even asked us if we would like a snack and gave us some crackers. The continental breakfast was typical but adequate. A nice hotel but particularly so because of the personnel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCTraveller42
AUOOP, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear SCTraveller42,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of your stay! We are so pleased hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We so appreciate you choosing our hotel to be your home away from home.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you any time you find yourself in the area, and we look forward to the opportunity.

Again, thank you for allowing us to welcome you to Opelika and taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay.

Laine Oliver

Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Home2 Suites by Hilton Opelika Auburn
Quality Inn Opelika
Quality Inn Opelika
#8 of 17 in Opelika
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika? Share your experiences!