“Find a newer updated place”
Review of Days Inn Opelika

Days Inn Opelika
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
A TripAdvisor Member
KATY
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This Hotel provided a great location, but was in dire need of renovating. It was old dingy and you could tell the rooms used to be Smoking rooms at 1 point in their lives. There are too many hotels in the imediate vacinity to chose from that at least look newer from the outside than this particular Days Inn. Infact we skipped the free breakfast for BurgerKing across the street due to the quesionable cleaniness we experienced in our room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

1  Thank JOHN E
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our mattress was so old, we sunk down into the mattress and our heads were "uphill". My back ached terribly the next day. So glad we only stayed one night!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed May 12, 2012

When we arrived ,we were told because of graduations all the rooms in the area are more money. The room was $80 +. There were no towels in the room and the tub and sink had black hair in them . I washed the shower and tub myself because it was oily. I believe the blanket and quilt to be filthy . They smelled really bad. I always thought Days Inn to be a better hotel but I will sleep in the car before I ever step foot into another Days Inn. This definately cannot be up to corporate standards. Thank You,
Terie Breidell and Kevin T Raftery IRB Fl.

Room Tip: Dont stay here..... I must say the night clerk was very pleasant aand the only bright spot in stayi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terie B
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at this place for 6 nights. Simply it was the best. So affordable and the rooms , the room services and the staff were all excellent. I could not complain about anything. Over and above the complimentary breakfast with so many things to eat delighted me to the maximum. We were in a group of 9 college mates and had booked 2 rooms here. We never felt any sort of difficulty or discomfort during the stay. The location is also good. Just near the I-85 and has many fast food restaurants and departmental stores around at stone throw away distance. Trust me this is the place to be staying at.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends