“awful”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Knoxville, TN
“awful”
Reviewed July 8, 2007

We booked this hotel thru Hotwire so we did not get a chance to read these reviews before we had already paid. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We arrived late on Friday night and found the on premise bar in full swing. Had a difficult time finding a place to park to check in. The hotel blocks off a portion of the parking lot for hotel patrons but you must find an employee and show your room key to gain access. When we entered the room the first thing that hit us was the musty odor. Did not smell clean at all. The carpet was extremely worn and filthy. Just a general feeling of unclean throughout the entire property. The air condtioner in the room quit working in the early morning hours (appeared to freeze up). There were a number of "rough" looking individuals hangin out on the property, not sure if they were living there or not. I would definately not recommend this hotel to a woman traveling by herself!

• Liked — front desk staff was friendly
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank etsumomof3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lex, KY
Reviewed March 17, 2007

I arrived at 11:30 pm. and was basically greeted by the police and all of the many people that were partying at the adjoining lodge. I booked two rooms, I was given the best two rooms available by the very sweet and helpful lady that answered the phone. Yet, there were hairs on the toilet, there was a BLOOD stain on my pillow and a crusty stain on my boyfriend's pillow. I sprayed everything with lysol and still felt very uncomfortable. If these were the two best rooms I'd hate to see what wasn't the best.... I took a shower the next morning after getting no sleep from the loud music from the club and the people in the parking lot, I didn't even want to get in the tub! I felt dirty even after I washed! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason, if you are tired and need to pull off the road... SLEEP IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!

• Liked — Judy at the front desk. She was so sweet and helpful, inspite of....
  • Disliked — Everything other than Judy!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank arij
New Orleans
Reviewed September 16, 2006

My stay was Terrible When I arrived at 130am the police were all over the parking lot and the music at the lounge was very loud.My room was filthy and uninhabitable.the dirt and cobwebs were visible and the mold and mildew was in the coffee pot and in the shower .I brought my own blanket and pillow to sleep on (thank goodness).NO ONE should stay at this hotel it should be closed by the Board of Health. i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL, SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR WOULD BE SAFER.

• Liked — It was Off of Main Highway
  • Disliked — My entire stay was terrible.
  • Tips/Secrets — DO NOT STAY THERE YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)