“Terrible service...no towels available.”

Magnuson Hotel Opelika
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Opelika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My room had dried urine on the toilet seat. The sink faucet was so loose and old that turning the water on took effort. The shower leaked all night. Terrible. Terrible. No choice but had to stay. Football game limited other options. Will never stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
Saucier, Mississippi
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Travelodge in Opelika was our stop for the night. Expedia suggested $38. We received a two double-bed room for a total of $52. We got what we paid for. Breakfast was meager - waffles, cereal, doughnuts, fruit, coffee, and juice. Room had hair dryer, fridge, and microwave. No iron or board. Loud people outside during the night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janice S
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Do not stay here if you don't have to. We had no choice, so we had too. Dirty and gross!! Smelled sooooo bad it burned the inside of my nose. Needs to be condemned!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Arley, Alabama
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Do not stay here!!!! this place is DISGUSTING!!! ive stayed here twice with my dad, the first time in sep 2010 and the room smelled like it had not been opened up in years it had this old nasty smell to it, the mini fridge wouldnt even keep a drink cool and it was loud and made noises all night. the shower was disgusting and shouldve been cleaned years ago! and we seen one of the workers throw a bag of garbage over the fence into the parking lot of the place behind us instead of actually walking to a dumpster and putting it there! Lazy!! unfortunately we had to stay here one more time in Oct 2010 and our LAST only because there was no other place to stay and it was after we left the game, this time we checked in right after the game was over and had done our shoppin ect. it was around 9:30 pm and we had only been there about 30 mins and my dad had found two roaches crawling around, he continued to find many more plus baby roaches in the room & bathroom.this room smelled worse then the first time, and the carpets are VERY dirty i had white socks on and the carpet stained them! the showers are disgusting i couldnt even take a shower. It was so gross but we lived so far away it would be a long drive to have left but we wanted to. So i slept with the covers off the bed thankfully i always take blankets with me and slept on my snuggie and covered up in my own blankets. oh and slept with the lights on all night so no more roaches would come around!! The people who work there are of NO HELP AT ALL...the next morning we are checking out and my dad is pretty pissed about the roaches so he tells the man at the front desk they needed to do something about all the roaches and the guy smiles, nods, and says thank you, he didnt even understand what we were telling him!! they couldnt even speak english!!!! Never Again will we stay here!!! this place is just horrible, it is by far the WORST place i have EVER stayed in...it just needs to be torn down and a newer much nicer place built!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank jekasa2007
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I paid for an extended stay at this hotel and remained (stupidly). I had housekeeping change my bed linen daily and yet I still have bed bug bites. I showed these to managment and the bugs I killed, but they I acted surprised. Plus, wake up call does not work.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Gerimino647474
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Quality Inn Opelika
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 17 in Opelika
Candlewood Suites Auburn

Been to Magnuson Hotel Opelika? Share your experiences!