“Bathrooms was small seal leaked reported it Saturday morning went to ballgame came back that night couldn't get in to room they ”

Quality Inn Opelika
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Town Creek, Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was a lousy place from what picture we seen on line it sort of reminded you of bates motel wouldn't stay again The bathroom had a leak around the floor the key wouldnt open the room had to get them to activate the key so we could get in they didn't know why it was like that just a all out bad place

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Where do I begin? I seem to always arrive in the wee hours.Before I made a reservation online, I called to make sure I would be able to park in front of my room. I was assured that all rooms were outside access so that would not be a problem. Wishful thinking.
I arrived at 3AM and told the clerk I needed to park in front of my room. He plays on the computer awhile and hands me my key cards for room 138. He shows me what building it is in and when I get there it is on the opposite side from the parking.
I return to the front. More clicking of computer keys. I am now headed to 139. It's on the side of the lot, yay. I drag my belongings toward the room and realize the drapes are drawn and the lights are on. IT'S OCCUPIED!!! How can this happen? There were all of 7 cars in the entire parking lot!!!! Why can't this guy find me a room?
Back to the front! I now head for 133. 45 minutes of sleep I have missed. At least I am the only one in this room.
There is no air on in the room, very stuffy. I open the fridge to put in the items from my cooler. The entire freezer is a block of ice.
I go to shower and one of the face cloths looked like it had been used to wipe up coffee.
Breakfast...they prefill the cups for the waffles and there is not enough in the cup so you get spider waffles... you know, like they have legs.
And I am from Florida so I know the difference between OJ and Sunny D.
The only thing that saved this place at all was the bed. Amazing pillowtop. The rest was just CRAP.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lyn A
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Don't let the lobby fool you this place is DUMP!!! Stop before or after Opelika to book a hotel room. Also, we found kids swimming trunks in the bottom of the pool. This place takes better care of their lawn than the rooms. You would be better off sleeping in your car.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tashika K
QualityAL287, General Manager at Quality Inn Opelika, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Traveller,

We sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and have taken your feedback into serious consideration. We have already begun to take steps to improve the quality of the room you stayed and would love to invite you back to see our improvements. Once again we apologize that the condition of this specific room was overlooked. Please call us at 334-745-6331 so we can have the opportunity to fix our mistakes.

Thank you so much for your time!

Quality Inn - Opelika, AL
North Arlington, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Room 106, the front wouldn't open, 1 inch opening at bottom, bathroom door wouldn't close, rust and peeling paint inside, rug and bedspread dirty, hair dryer didn't work, opened door to fridge, shelf fell off dumping bottles on floor, pool ladder loose, worms on bottom of pool. We didn't eat breakfast as we were afraid of Getting sick.

for this we paid $100.00? I have never written a bad review, but Choice Hotels should get rid do this place ASAP.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Shirley G
Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am staying at the hotel as I write this review,hotel is very old and out dated. Bedspreads ars disgusting and walls are chipped and need painted very bad.Carpet is very very dirty should have realized this was a bad spot when parking lot was empty. Just do not understand how people can expect to keep a hotel open without doing any up keep. Told lady at front desk that hotel was not up to standards her response was its not Ritz Carlton. Think Choice should step in and do a little survey because places like this give your brand a very bad name.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scottsboro, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms looked nice and big. But the bed covers smelled really musky, the bath room was nasty, and my kids found broken glass under the bed! The price was high for one night but it was A-Day wkend so understandable. I definitely will not be back!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Oneonta, Alabama
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Let me start by saying the staff we dealt with was incredible which made the stay, check in was simple and the lady was very sweet! We had several issues when we got to our room, which everyone from the front desk to the maintance worked quickly to fix. The rooms are outdated but the hotel is in the process of remodeling, we only needed one night and the were the most affordable and close to where we needed to be!

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Auburn
Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika

Been to Quality Inn Opelika? Share your experiences!