“Folks this is your place to try when in the Auburn/Opelika area”
Review of Warehouse Bistro

Warehouse Bistro
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Opelika
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The area’s best in casual fine dining featuring American and Continental cuisine in a unique, friendly atmosphere. Full bar and outstanding wine list with over 130 selections. Impeccable service and areas available for private, group, and patio dining. Tues-Thurs 6pm-9pm, Fri-Sat 6pm-10pm. Reservations recommended.
Cullman, Alabama
“Folks this is your place to try when in the Auburn/Opelika area”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

As a weary road warrior traveler, I am always look for a good local restaurant that offers good food and is NOT a chain. In Auburn/Opelika, this is the one you try first.

I am giving this one 5 Stars. Here is why. First of all, this place is located in a Warehouse district so do not think you are in the wrong place. Very industrial around it. When you walk in, you will notice it is a classy place, quaint yet big enough for takes of 10-12 people too. It has a romantic flair to it plus it has an outside patio.

The Food is simply amazing. It ranges from Veal to crab cakes, to Filet and all of it is simply wonderful ! Prices range from $18 to $30 for most Entrees but if you want a soup or salad, that will be extra. The Wine menu is also pretty good. I didn't try the deserts but they looked awesome.

The Chef puts really nice touches on the plates of food so they come out with nice portions but looking like Art Deco. I would have written this review had I not been so impressed by this place. Resevation are Suggested as it is not a huge place which makes the dining experience all that much better.

Columbus, Georgia
“Excellent Restaurant in this area”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We had dinner on January 27th for our children's 21st birthday. We were the only ones in the restaurant that evening but had a party of 9 people. From start to finish all appetizers, entrees and desserts were of excellent quality and preparation. Service was excellent ( as it should be as we were the only people there) but it was a great experience from start to finish. We ordered a variety of dishes from the veal special to menu standards and everyone had a great meal. This was the 3rd time we have eaten here over a two year span and it has always been one of our favorites. If you are in the area this restaurant is worth seeking out for fine dining in an unexpected location.

Birmingham, Al
“Lacks main ingredient for continued success!”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

There is nothing more exciting than finding a new restaurant, especially in our neck of the woods, that is truly something to brag about. Rumor had it that this restaurant was a gem. My husband and I decided to make the 40 minute drive and give it a try. The location.....made us thankful for OnStar.......the ambience......was warm, cozy, and very comfortable........the service...... started off on a good note and ended on a flat one.....the food...had mixed reviews. Let me explain. The restaurant was located in a warehouse district. To us...that just added to the excitement of finding a restaurant that was worth the drive and one we could later brag about and gather with friends. We arrived and had a pleasant experience up until the entrees. The waitress seemed well versed on the menu and pleasant. The wine was divine! The bread and salads were perfect starters. My husband ordered the hot shrimp and spinach dip as an appetizer. It wasn't anything special....but my husband gave it a respectable score. Then....out came the entrees. My Husband ordered the veal special and was pleased. I ordered the filet of Norwegian Salmon. Before I ordered it....I asked the waitress how she liked the dish. She simply replied that I couldn't possibly go wrong with any of their dishes because everything on the menu was excellent! I liked her confidence and ordered the salmon! It arrived and I took my first bite. All I tasted was salt! It was poached in a bouillabaisse broth but the salmon and other flavors were nonexistent. Salt should enhance the taste of food…not disguise it! I had my husband take a bite and give me his opinion. He said I should definitely send it back. That is something I don't do very often. The waitress was very accommodating and asked me if she could bring me another piece of salmon. I said yes please....only if it could be less salty. It came back just as salty and for me….was impossible to eat. I was more than willing to just walk away and order something else on our next visit. The waitress cleared my plate knowing I had not eaten but one bite but never said a word. She simply ignored the situation. That is when we started feeling insignificant. We decided to pass on dessert and ask for the check. It arrived promptly and the total was $116.10. She did not return with an itemized check....so we had to do our own calculating……we realized that the check was probably accurate and gave her a $20.00 tip. At that point….it was obvious that they must not understand that customer service is the main ingredient for success. We were made to feel as if we were difficult and it was our fault the salmon was too salty to eat. There were no apologies or no……..I’m sorry you did not like the salmon and we hope you return and try something else…..no one said goodbye…have a nice night….thank you, or come again. The waitress seemed personally insulted that we sent the salmon back and seemed happy to see us go. What a disappointment. We arrived at Warehouse Bistro feeling hopeful that this place would be somewhere we could bring friends to enjoy good food, good wine, and great service. We walked away feeling like we didn’t matter. We walked away with no motivation to ever go back.

3 Thank rmkladyb
Huntsville, Al
“Great Little Place”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

When we first drove up to the restaurant, I was a bit skeptical. This was only because of the location. It is literally in the middle of warehouses. Don't let this deter you! It was WONDERFUL!! They had the best wine list I have ever seen. The martini that I had was great. The food is exceptional! The Corn and Crab Chowder is a MUST! Highly recommended dining. Because the place isn't that big, reservations are a must.

1 Thank usaharleydog
auburn, al
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Destination Dining”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This place is literally a warehouse surrounded by chop shops and abandoned factories. We had a hard time finding it, but were surprised how nice our covered patio was compared to the surroundings. The food was excellent, and the wine list was impressive. I would recommend dining here, although it is a little out of the way.

1 Thank jauburn