“Quaint Place, Great Chow, Nice Folks”
Review of Whispering Oaks - CLOSED

Whispering Oaks
Cuisines: Seafood
Opelika, Alabama
“Quaint Place, Great Chow, Nice Folks”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The dining room sometimes closes for one reason or another. Also, sometimes it's one price, and others it's cafeteria style. If you go with kids, this can quickly run into some $$, because everything, especially the desserts, looks so tempting.

Also, for a real treat, check out the eye candy next door when the weather warms up. Whatta beefcake!!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Flex M

“Very nice place ! Do not miss out!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. Some of the most legit southern food you can put in your mouth. Don't miss out on this gem. We were driving past opelika Alabama back to our home in Florida and we remembered about this place from my wife's college days in auburn. So this was our first time back since 2005. It is just as awesome now as it was back then. The house dates back to 1917 I believe. The food is something you don't want to miss out on if given the opportunity. It is set up buffet style. I had collards, stuffing, fried fish, banana pudding. The wife had baked chicken, mashed potatoes, Lima beans, and peach cobbler. My brother had rib eye steak, collards and rice casserole. That's just a sample of what they had. Please don't miss out on what could be the best southern meal of your life!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank RxL8s
“A Great Southern Treat!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant is so wonderful because you feel like someone has welcomed you into their home. The food is your typical southern dishes such as collard greens and corn bread. Last time I ate here it was buffet style so the price was definitely reasonable. The fact that it is inside an old home gives it the traditional southern feel. I love coming here.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank aherrin3
Auburn, AL
“Southern charm and hospitality”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This grand old mansion has been transformed into a restaurant serving authentic southern cooking, buffet style. For around $8-10 you can get fried chicken, meatloaf, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, okra, cobbler, and so much more!
As a college student, I don't get home cooking very much, but Whispering Oaks always makes me feel like I'm home. It is one of my favorite places to go eat after church.
Plus, you get a student discount if you show your student id! Can't beat that!

• Visited March 2012