“Stick to the Menu”

Mandarin House Chinese
Ranked #27 of 119 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 18, 2015

I know the popular thing to do is to hit the buffet, but I highly recommend you order from the menu and receive the best, freshest product available. Mongolian Beef and General Tso's chicken are two of my favorites along with the egg rolls dumplings!! Always a go to place for me when I can pull out the stops.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

Have been here many times over the years abut lately have notice a decided downturn of quality and cleanliness. Floor dirty, booth materials ragged, food okay but not great!

1  Thank DIXIEDEE42
Reviewed November 18, 2014

Our first visit to this restaurant today will be our last one. We arrived around 1:00pm for lunch and there was not much left on the buffet. The few items displayed were not only scarce but dry. As we were in the middle of eating, a small roach walked across our table right in front of my plate. We notified a waiter, who called his manager. The latter apologize, claimed that the restaurant had never had issues with bugs and that a pest control company comes there on a regular basis. He then moved the table looking for the bug, claiming that "all restaurants have bugs anyway" and that maybe "someone brought this bug in with them"!...

Reviewed September 11, 2014

I come here sometimes before work. I judge a chinese buffet on the quality of their crab rangoons and I have to say that theirs are pretty solid. The fried rice however is somewhat dry and the sweet and sour soup is somewhat lacking. Other than that it's definitely a choice spot to eat a ton of egg rolls for $10.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I took my children out to lunch at Mandarin House and was terribly disappointed. I love Asian food and gave this place a try. The buffet did not have many choices compared to other Chinese buffet restaurants. That was the first thing we noticed. We tried the rice (without veggies) and sesame chicken. The rice was hard and undercooked. The sesame chicken was a soggy mish-mash of greasy, water-bloated meat. I spat it into a napkin. I also tired the moo-goo gai pan. It tasted of rubbing alcohol is the best way I can describe it. My two children were also unable to eat this terrible food. My daughter tried the egg drop soup and was unable to get past one spoonful of it. Egg drop soup is one of her favorite dishes at other restaurants. But, she almost gagged. I apologized to my kids for taking them to this place. My son tried to make me feel better by saying, "Daddy, my Dr. Pepper is good." We immediately asked for our check after only being there for 15 minutes. The fellow at the register asked if our meal was good. I told him I was sorry to say it was terrible. He was polite but did not even offer a discount off the $26 price of our 15 minutes spent there trying to have a decent lunch. I paid for the sorry-excuses-for-a-meals, and left. I will not be back. Folks, I eat a lot of Asian food and am not someone that complains a lot. But, this place was ghastly on the day we had lunch.

1  Thank CaptainSemo