Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National
Fairfield Inn
$98
Opelika Inn(Opelika)
$40
All reviewsgolf coursetennis courtsgreat golfpool areanice resortoutdoor baradult poolthe robert trent jonesplay golfbreakfast buffet ishot tubseparate showerordered room servicegolf resortbar foodrtj trailgreat amenities
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at the property over an evening. The property is very quiet secluded within a golf resort. As with most Marriotts, the facility was first class. The rooms were clean, the lobby spacious and the staff very nice. Though I didn't get to enjoy the outside of the property while I was there, the pool and outside pavilion looked very neat and convenient. I would certainly stay here again when my trip was not so quick.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jay P, Manager at Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Come back when you can enjoy all of our great outdoor amenities.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our group of 10 golfers stayed at Grand National this week and were very impressed with the entire property. Everything about the hotel exceeded expectations. Check in was fast and friendly. The rooms large and very comfortable. The new pool complex is amazing - too cold last week for anything but the hot tub - but it looked like fun. Excellent tennis courts, fitness rooms, walking trails, even complimentary bicycles to tour the huge property. The hotel is just down the road from the Robert Trent Jones Trail at Grand National which features two fantastic tracks consistently ranked in the top 10 in the state, plus a great 18 hole par 3 course. RTJ Trail is known for friendly service and Grand National is no exception. We ate dinner at the restaurant bar after a long day on the course and were very pleased with the service and the food. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'll agree this place has great accomodations but it is a bit of a drive to get to "civilization". I stayed here for business and literally think I may have been the only person in the hotel the first of two nights I was there. I ordered room service both nights and the service was good, the food came quickly, and wasn't too bad either. You probably won't feel like going out to find somewhere for dinner so I think room service is the best bet and the prices weren't outrageous. I didn't get to take advantage of most of the amenities here but it's very pretty and classic. Also especially quiet which I mentioned during the week which is nice if you;re traveling for business.

The one issue I did have was that my bathtub (seperate from shower) was kind of dusty and dirty and no one was available to come clean it for me. I took care of it but it would have been nice if it had been ready to use and didn't require me using my emergency travel lysol and hot water before use. Oh and it takes a while to gethot water in the bathroom overall but does get very hot eventually.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We traveled to Auburn for the annual spring football game, A-Day, this year for the added purpose of it being the last time that we would be able to partake in the most Auburn of traditions, rolling the trees at Tumor's Corner. We arrived on Friday afternoon and were pleasantly surprised with the property, as the website photography showed the interior to be somewhat dated in some areas. There were fresh, warm cookies at the counter, which the children loved. As I am a Gold Elite member, my Wi-Fi access was complementary, as well as receiving breakfast vouchers for each morning of our stay.
The guest room was standard, two queen beds, with very comfortable mattresses, a larger bathroom with a separate tub and stall shower. One big plus for this hotel is that every room has a view of the back of the property, which includes a very nice pool/outdoor lounge area, tennis courts, and the lake in the background. The only drawback to the room was the climate controls. We typically like to keep things on the cool side, and even with the thermostat set to 65 F, the room still stayed warmer than we desired. It was not at all uncomfortable though, a minor inconvenience. The ambient noise was minimal, even with a high school prom being held on property.
We took the children to the indoor pool on that Friday evening, after returning from Auburn. The pool area was comfortable and the water temperature was perfect. There was the typical odor of chlorine in the air that comes from an indoor pool, but it was not overwhelming, as I have experienced at other hotels.
Breakfast was good, with all the usual offerings one would expect: eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, grits, etc. There is also an omelet station, staffed by a very friendly cook, who will also make you a waffle or pancakes upon request. There is also the usual assortment of cereal and breads, as well as an a-la-cart menu.
We took advantage of a beautiful Alabama Saturday evening to take the kids to the outdoor pool and relax for a bit, before it got too chilly. The water was ice-cold, but the kids loved it anyway. The central feature of the outdoor pool is the rocky waterfall/slide/grotto combination. I am sure that during the summer, this will be very enjoyable for all. The pool area also has an adult section that has a pool with seating to enjoy adult beverages from the poolside bar, and a hot tub. Additionally, in the outdoor lounge, there are two fire pits, comfortable seating, and a poolside menu is available. The outdoor area is very well designed.
Some other highlights: great coffee is available in the lobby most of the day, as well as other refreshments. Also, a continental breakfast is setup in the lobby each morning, with the usual pastries and such. Each room has a balcony with plenty of room to relax. The bar/lounge is comfortable and has a great menu, which can also be ordered for carry-out instead of room service. We tried a number of items and we were pleased with everything.
Overall, this is a great property, the staff is accommodating and friendly, and the quality for the price is spot-on. We will be returning on future visits to Auburn.

War Eagle!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were part of a wedding party over a weekend. Couldn't have asked for a better hotel for lodging and rehearsal dinner. Rooms were in perfect order, well maintained, comfortable and quiet. The food was especially good for banquet room fare and the wait staff were all competent, polite and "right there" when needed for service. Over the years, i've learned to prepare myself mentally for almost anything when attending a function and/or banquet at a large hotel or resort -- especially bad food and lousy, inadequate service. The few exceptions have always been pleasant, albeit unexpected surprise. This Marriott ranks right up there at the top of my list of notable exceptions. We had a really good enjoyable weekend madeossible by this well run hotel. Being a loyal University of Georgia alum, I still can't believe a fine place like this is so close to Auburn...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family