“Good place, good food, good price”

El Patron Mexican Grill
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Enjoyed this place. The food was good and plenty of it. The prices were reasonable. The wait staff was very nice and on task. I would go back again when in this area.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The steak nachos were excellent! El Patron has good food at an affordable price. Our family of 4 ate lunch for less than $40 including the tip.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

To be quick, the lunch menu is great. Above average for this type of place. The $5.00 lunch margaritas are excellent!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I came here because of the reviews. The staff were attentive and that is why I gave the rating as above. The food was very average. I love Mexican, and eat it whenever I can. I don't think the food measured up to the high reviews that it has been given.
I had a vegetarian plate. The re-fried beans were thick and paste texture. The enchilada cheese was of poor quality. I doctored the plate with some Habanero sauce. However, the sauce (which was supposed to be green) came out brown. The taste was rancid. I had to scrape it off of the food. The only thing that saved the meal was the dipping sauce for the chips.
My son had chicken tacos. He couldn't eat the beans as they were dry. The chicken was dry, too.
My husband did not say much about his meal, which means that he did not care for it.
The best part of my meal was the margarita. THAT was tasty.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our first time eating here and we will definitely go back! I ordered a chicken burrito and my husband ordered chicken nachos. Both were great. Very well prepared and seasoned well. The service was good and our food came out quickly. They also had the best sweet tea! The food was reasonably priced and a great value considering the quality of it. Go check it out if you are in the area!