Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
$48
$63
$99
$98
All reviewsno elevatorfront deskroom was cleanthe main highwayhot waterstay there againgreat hotelpancake machinewould recommend this hotel to anyonefirst flooreggssausageiron bowlroad tripwar eaglethe breakfast areanice place to stay
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location. Was visiting my daughter at Auburn and while it is further out it is easily accessible to the university without getting on 85 and faster.

The room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was standard but did not feel cramped. If you are tall you will love the shower, the shower head is raised very high. The bed was very comfortable and I didn't want to get out of it. I found the people at the desk at check in and out to be very friendly and would not hesitate to stay here again. There are plenty of dining and shopping options within a couple blocks.

My one complaint about the room probably does not apply to the non smoking rooms. I had a smoking room, I smoke, I did not expect the room to be odor free. The air fresher used to cover the smoke was stifling. It did more harm than good and just made a mixture of bad. The good side is that the windows open, but the smell of the freshener was embedded in everything in my suitcase.

One suggestion would be to make the exterior doors located in the stairwells accessible by room card only after dark as they do not lock. I did not feel unsafe, just a good precaution.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

After driving to Auburn and moving our son into his dorm all on the same day, it was a joy to have a nice, clean room waiting on us. Check in was fast, the room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Superb staff. Clean room, with free local phone calls, and excellent plug ins on each of the lamps near one's bed. and reasonable price. Very safe location. The breakfast is good to very good. Within a mile there are 2 steak places and a few hamburger joints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Best Western Opelika-Auburn provides outstanding value for the price. Especially to be complimented are the members of the cleaning staff. The hotel is far enough away from the minor congestion around the Auburn University campus but still close enough for convenient access to famous Toomer's Corner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 7, 2013

While Front Desk personnel were nice, our complaint about a problem with hot water was not investigated. Our room was not cleaned. There was no hot water in our room on our departure morning. We were promised a call from the manager. However after numerous attempts at calling back, the manager was never available, nor did he call us. A little common courtesy would have been welcomed. We'll find another hotel if we are ever in Opelika.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mickey P, General Manager at Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hi Carol W.

I apologize for the time it has taken to respond to this issue. I was out of town on a business trip. I'm saddened to hear of the problems you had with your stay. It's always been our goal at Best Western Opelika inn to help make our guests as comfortable as possible. I assure you, moving forward any issues you may have encountered will be corrected in a timely manner. Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Opelika inn. Please call on us if we can ever be of service.