“Under Renovation but still a great stay”

BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Opelika
Sacramento, California
“Under Renovation but still a great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was passing through on my way to a family get together and stayed. I found the hotel very clean and the front desk staff very friendly and courteous. The property was very well maintained and under renovation. The room was very clean and well maintained, with a huge 40 flat screen TV. They had a new and improved breakfast bar and had no problems with check in and check out. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel. It has a lot of bang for the buck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mickey P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from our guests and use the details from your experiences to implement changes as necessary to fit the continuous needs of our customers.

My staff and I are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and are pleased that you took notice of the changes that we are already making to our property. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this room 10 months in advance. And then found out later it was going for double that. So for our total cost of $170 for 2 nights it was perfect. Had a fridge in the room for storing beer. Easy access to restuarnts and really not far from campus. Only complaints is the beds are truly double beds so kind of tight for 2 people but doable. Would stay again. Oh breakfast was you expect for contiental but still for the price can't beat it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mickey P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a great deal, especially during our busy football season. I do apologize for the 'tight fit' of the beds, however they are XL full sized beds, which allows a little more mobility around the other in room furnishings without feeling cluttered. We are happy that you were pleased with your overall stay with us and hope that you will consider us when visiting the area in the future.
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were traveling to Savannah, GA & Opelika, AL was just a stop over. All we needed was a clean & safe place to spend the night before moving on. This was not a big vacation, just a 4 day sister get-a-way & we were trying to stay on a tight budget. We picked up a hotel coupon book at the Alabama welcome center, which is how we found The Best Western Opelika/Auburn Inn. We had to travel just under 2 miles off the interstate & it was worth it. The girl at the front desk was friendly & really tried to accommodate our needs & considering we were requesting a unbelievable cheap rate she could have had a very different attitude, the room was clean, the beds were comfy, the area around the hotel was well landscaped & maintained & the breakfast that was included was filling. The morning clerk (my only negative remark in this review is that he was a little under groomed), he was also helpful, gave us directions to see the historic part of town on our way back to the interstate. I wish we had more time to spend in charming Opelika, AL.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mickey P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We value your input and will use your comments improve upon our processes for future guests. Again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to serving you again.
Dallas, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Requested group reservation online for 11 rooms 2 months ago. Owner called me & verified. All was well until a few days ago, he cancelled my rsrv b/c I didn't give him my credit card. (He DIDN'T ASK for it) I called his cell & asked what happened. He had tried to call me, but had my email & phone# incorrect. He told me it was my responsibility to give him my credit card, not his. He also said I didn't call & check on the rsrv & that most people do (funny.... I thought I was good to go when I made a rsrv) So, my sons entire ball team doesn't have a place to stay now b/c of an incompetent owner. This was our 3rd yr staying here!!! Never again!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! The owner doesn't care if you make a reservation & will cancel your room i...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda H
Mickey P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
When booking reservations for large groups, it is customary that patrons are allowed to hold guest rooms without putting a valid credit card on file if they are not going to be responsible for payment on all the rooms. However, we also require that each individual call in and secure their room in that group within at least 2 weeks of the actual stay. When these conditions are not met, we reserve the right to cancel holds without notice. In this particular instance, an attempt to contact the person who initially booked the reservations was made but unsuccessful due to outdated or incorrect information on file.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

I enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. The staff and service provided to me and my family was excellent. I also saw that the staff at this hotel goes above and beyond for their guest. I noticed that one of the guest needed directions to the Auburn University campus and the David the desk clerk printed the directions out for the guest. From my personal view point I think this hotel is simply great and no hotel is perfect there will be times where things are wrong, but I think this is really good in several aspects. Great Breakfast, staff, and rooms. I found the hotel to be clean both exterior and interior. My room and bed was super clean and my family I enjoyed our stay. I will return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: I read the reviews on this site before choosing this hotel and I found my experience to be excellent...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jake S
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I normally stay in a different hotel when I visit Opelika they were full went to this hotel on Saturday and the bed was nasty dirty u could see the dirt on the pillow cases and when we pulled back the sheet sheets were black and they should have been white. It made me gag went to lobby and of course no manger on duty but the desk clerk took pictures and had no choice but to give our money back. The thought is still making me sick that we may would slept on those sheets. Nedds less to say I want everyone to know sleep in your car before u stay here the place is nasty dirty I rate this the worst place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rob r
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

very clean and comfortable room.nice staff and service,breakfast was great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 16 in Opelika
Candlewood Suites Auburn

Been to BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn? Share your experiences!