“Authentic and fun”

Irish Bred Pub
Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Here at Irish Bred Pub, our vision is to be the hub of our community and to create a new "local" in Historic Downtown Opelika - a place where people gather, exchange ideas, make new friends, catch up with old friends. At our restaurant you will enjoy locally grown vegetables, fresh beef, chicken, and seafood served by the area's friendliest service staff and prepared by our Chef, Chris Stone (a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute who came to us from Wolfgang Puck Catering) and his team. Hosting an event or have a big group to feed? Well you're in luck because Irish Bred Pub does catering! Now we can bring the delicious food and drinks right to you and ensure that your event is a huge hit. Some of our most popular dishes include our fish and chips, shepherd's pie, and Guinness BBQ Bacon Burger. So come on in, pull up a chair, relax, and let us serve you as the worries of the day melt into distant memories.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family went for somewhere different. The appetizer chips are totally unexpected and delicious. W had things fom fish n chips to shrimp and grits, shepards pie, steak. Everything was delicious. Dessert was Irish cheesecake- have never had anything like it-would love more. Our waitress was very energetic and had great suggestions. Love the old building and atmosphere.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a great Saturday brunch with the family here today! Husband had great Reuben! My fresh green salad with grilled shrimp was really good with bits of crunch bacon and pecans! One son had pancakes and eggs with grits and sausage and biscuit! One had a great hamburger! We had to wait a bit for one of my son's asparagus,so the waitress gave a huge bread pudding for free. None of us are bread pudding fans,but this was not just any bread pudding...this was like a warm cinnamon bun straight from your granny's kitchen! Loved it and even sat outside with some Hell's Angels a couple of tables behind us! Great fun place!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here and it was very good. I had shepherd's pie. My companions had sandwiches, salads, and chicken tenders. The food was delicious and plentiful and the service great. I love the old building with brick walls, wooden floors and tin ceilings. The atmosphere itself is worth the visit. Set in the newly gentrified downtown Opelika overlooking the railway tracks, it's a lot of fun just to walk around and visit all the cute little shops. Great area!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had "meat and 3" and the fried pork chops were great, gently fried (not gray on interior) w/ nice breading, creamy cole slaw was a nice addition and the grits were better than I've ever had. Don't add cheese as i did, just the grits. And the potato salad had (I think) smoked bacon and was good enough for asking for two of them. Sadly my wife's dish of the grilled sirloin came w/ grits which she hates. Waiter tried to remove whole plate....and then eat cold food...no way so we just moved her grits to my plate! Slow service, more conerned about getting all the others bills to them and our food sat on the hot line for awhile. I'd return tho for grits and potato salad

Reviewed March 7, 2013

WOW!! This restaurant meets every criteria known to man !!

The service was wonderful, kind, and fast; the food was superb, and the atmosphere was very inviting. If you are in the mood for a great pub experience, this is the place to visit !!

There is a new location in Montgomery, AL. We just stopped there last weekend, had the Blue Cheese Chips appetizer = A MUST !!!!!!!!!! Then we ordered the Shepard's Pie and the Fish & Chips, split everything, and left there feeling full and amazed !! CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK !!!!