“Good food & fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Irish Bred Pub
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Here at Irish Bred Pub, our vision is to be the hub of our community and to create a new "local" in Historic Downtown Opelika - a place where people gather, exchange ideas, make new friends, catch up with old friends. At our restaurant you will enjoy locally grown vegetables, fresh beef, chicken, and seafood served by the area's friendliest service staff and prepared by our Chef, Chris Stone (a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute who came to us from Wolfgang Puck Catering) and his team. Hosting an event or have a big group to feed? Well you're in luck because Irish Bred Pub does catering! Now we can bring the delicious food and drinks right to you and ensure that your event is a huge hit. Some of our most popular dishes include our fish and chips, shepherd's pie, and Guinness BBQ Bacon Burger. So come on in, pull up a chair, relax, and let us serve you as the worries of the day melt into distant memories.
Opelika
“Good food & fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Good food, fun drink selection, and a beautiful historic building - the Irish Bred Pub is a great place to meet friends. Go early on weekends; it gets crowded.

Visited December 2011

Opelika
“Great Sandwiches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have been twice in as many weeks. On my first visit I had potato soup and 1/2 Ruben. A Ruben is one of my favorite sandwiches and this one was an "mmmmm" rating. It had everything in generous amounts that I like on a Ruben. The kitchen provided me horseradish upon request, with a smile. The potato soup was excellent. On my second visit, I ordered the club without turkey and it was again an "mmmm" rating. Toasted bread was really good as was the dressing on the sandwich. I had a side of shrimp jambalaya soup and it too was the same rating as my other foods. I am going again for lunch one day next week. This restaurant is on my "a weekly visit" list.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Savannah, Georgia
“Not bad; not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

I like the look of the place, both inside & out. I had been told by some friends that the food was great with very generous portions. I ordered the Shepard's pie & my husband ordered the beef stew. My order was HUGE, and had pretty good flavor, but it had almost NO veggies (typically my fave part of SP), not much meat, and TONS of mashed potatoes and a creamy gravy. The flavor wasn't terrible, it just wasn't super great either. My husband's beef stew was considerably smaller (not in a bad way; it was just a more appropriate portion for 1 person than my SP) and I liked the flavors & textures; he did not. The rolls were dry & tasted like freezer rolls. I did get a side salad with balsamic vin. & it was great. Ultimately, I would recommend getting a salad if you enjoy eating them because they have a really great selection of different combos & homemade dressings. If you are more a meat & potatoes person, I would just stay away from the traditional Irish section of the menu. Or, if what I described sounds good to you, split the Shepard's pie with someone. Trust me, you will get enough. If you are in the area & want some REALLY amazing food in the same price range, I'd recommend Ma Fia's (authentic Italian) just a few doors down from Irish Bred. EVERYTHING I tried from there was to die for. And $3 bloody mary's & mimosas all day every day ain't so bad either. Enjoy!

Visited January 2012
Jefferson City, MO
“Great Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife had a club sandwich and it was too much for one person. I had a Reuben, and it was just "okay." The hamburger our mom had was terrific. The fries were very good. I'd go back.

Visited November 2011
Denver/Auburn
“Was fun while it lasted :-(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Well, our favorite pub has been sold! New owner did some house cleaning :( Business is more quiet than usual. I miss the music. It just won't be the same. It was a fun year while it lasted.

• Visited September 2011