Was suppose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express but they overbooked & got some people like myself to change. The Microtel was new and thus is was very clean. The rooms are smaller than anything that I have every stayed in. The bath tub is very difficult to get out of. The breakfast was no more than average. We ate there one morning but opted to go elsewhere the other 2 mornings. Apparently there is not much between the walls in that we could hear the person snoring in the next room. We thought by changing hotels we were to get a discount on the rate. It was still $130 a night.
I looked at booking for another Auburn weekend but they wanted $160+ a night & they had a 2 night minimun. The location is good but it is just worth a $160 a night. I would rather stay 45 miles away at the Fairfield Inn in Montgomery and pay $100 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Inn & Suites at Tigertown Opelika/Auburn Guest Rooms: All 77 guest rooms are smoke free, energy efficient designed, come with a 32-inch flat screen HD TV, equipped with a hospitality center which features a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. A daily free hot/continental extended breakfast, and in the evening we offer a complimentary manager's reception with light refreshments and tasty treats Monday-Thursday from 5-7p.m. Our spacious Suite rooms offer a sofa couch with an ottoman to relax. Also a dividing wall for privacy, breakfast nook with granite countertop, two bar stools, and a built in sink, it also has a great work area with two ergonomic chairs and a large work desk. Hotel Amenities: Complimentary high-speed wired and wireless internet access (Wi-Fi), throughout the entire property, including all guest rooms, conference center and a 24-hour business center with secure remote printing. This way guest can stay connected at all times during their stay. Guest looking to stay focused and energized there's a fitness center and basketball goal. We also offer self-serve guest laundry, outdoor swimming pool with patio seating and at the end of the day relax at the gazebo under eco-friendly warm solar lighting. Local Attraction: Our property is located in Tiger Town next to shopping, dining, Tiger 13 Movie Theater, only 5 miles from downtown Auburn University where you can stroll down Toomer's Corner find the best Auburn Tiger Events, Concerts, Nightlife, Festivals, and much more. Stay at Microtel Inn & Suites at Tigertown Opelika/Auburn and enjoy the true meaning of "Southern Hospitality". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Opelika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Opelika
- Microtel Inn & Suites Opelika Hotel Opelika