“We'll stay again”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Opelika
Toccoa, Georgia
“We'll stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

Perfectly ok hotel. We'd even stay here again, but... the TV channels were seriously lacking (I had 2 young children that about freaked when there was no Disney channel or Nickelodeon) and the pool was a little dirty (dead bugs) although we still swam in it. I was also expecting a refrigerator in room and there was none. (I have just become accustomed to other Holiday Inn Expresses that DO have fridges.)

Everything else was great. The staff seems very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Auburn, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

I checked into this hotel unexpectedly, after a pipe in my home broke, and could not be more pleased with the service I received. Upon entering the hotel's lobby, I was greeted by a very friendly young woman at the front desk who, within a matter of minutes, checked me into one of the hotel's single king, non-smoking rooms. She presented me with two keys, directed me to the elevators, and up I went to the third floor in search of my room. The lobby and elevator were well kept, with no noticeable debris or other trash to be found. The hallways on the third floor were well lit, the carpet was well maintained, and I found the environment as quiet as I could ask for in a bustling hotel.

Swiping the Domino's Pizza endorsed key card in the lock of my door, I found myself in a well furnished room that appeared to have been carefully designed, arranged, and maintained. Just inside the door I sat my bag on a leather covered bench, which sat next to a dark-wood chest of drawers that held the Philips 32" LCD flat screen. Across from the television and dresser was the king-size bed, dressed in white sheets, a hunter green throw at its foot, and four feather filled pillows at the head. The wall behind the bed was painted green, in contrast with all the others walls that were coated in a neutral tan. Along with a comfy chair upholstered in a geometric pattern and a spacious desk and rolling chair, the remaining design touches all played off each other in both color and texture.

I was extremely impressed with the quality of furnishings, cleanliness of the hotel, and helpfulness of the staff. I also found the bathroom to be a pleasant surprise, as the shower head actually produced decent water pressure and the water remained hot during my twenty minute shower. An interesting touch, the bathroom did not have the standard tub/shower but a stand-up shower a guest walks into, separated not by a shower curtain but the shower's own walls (one walks into the shower, turns, takes a step or two, and finds themselves directly under the shower head).

Overall, I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank AUTravels
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed here one night. The facilities are brand new, immaculately clean, and the beds are super comfortable. The clerk at the check-in desk was very friendly, gave us a special rate. However, when we asked for suggestions as where to eat, NOT a chain, she could only suggest various chains. There was no literature available on restaurants, things to do in the area, etc. We were told there was an "excellent breakfast", but we were disappointed: no fresh fruit, only juice; the eggs and bacon were tasteless.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

This is a very nice, new hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. Don't plan to get any work done here though. The wireless internet is extremely slow. I tried to use my laptop in my room, but websites would time out before finishing loading. I then went to the business center and tried the Holiday Inn computers with the same result. I complained to the front desk, and they responded that they have the same problem and recommended that I go over to the Fairfield Inn to complete my work. Fortunately the Fairfield Inn has not put security on their wireless network, so I was able to hang out there to get my work done. This was an agonizing experience. What a shame that such a nice hotel is totally useless to modern business travelers.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank rassignor
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

Beautiful, brand new hotel. Quiet, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable room. Super comfortable beds! Great, hot breakfast!

• Liked — Brand new!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
The Hotel at Auburn University
BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!