Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsclean hotelmovie theater next doorlate at nightfantastic stayshopping areasausageyoung ladyworkout roombeds were comfortablefront desk clerkbiscuitsgreat place to staybreakfast areastaff was friendlyauburnhietiger
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a new hotel. It was easy to get to, easy to park. The breakfast dining area was very nice and clean and breakfast was put out :30 minutes early for us early birds. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is also a shopping area with a Starbucks very close by. Great hotel if you are staying in Auburn area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Auburn06, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in the Opelika-Auburn area. We would love to see you again!

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during A day weekend and it was great. Nice clean hotel with comfortable beds. Free breakfast was good too biscuit and gravy or great for picky kids. They have cereal also for lighter fare. Easy check-in and checkout. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Auburn06, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you Ashley for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We value your feedback and appreciate your business. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. In just a few weeks we will be adding even more "light" and "healthy" menu items. We will have several different varieties of Greek yogurt, oatmeal, soy milk, and whole wheat items. But don't worry, we will still have the delicious biscuits and gravy that your kids enjoyed as well! Please come back to visit us the next time you are in town. War Eagle!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a great hotel, just stayed last weekend and I was very impressed! The price was great and my view of the pine groves and swimming pool was great. Very very quiet even thought its located right off the interstate which makes it very convenient!

• Stayed: April 2014
Auburn06, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Opelika! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your feedback on our hotel and the services we offer. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in the area!

Have a great day!

Brittney Gladden

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was our second time to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Opelika, AL. It's a convenient stop on our 900 mile trip to visit family in S.C., whether coming or going.

The property is fairly new and well maintained. The staff are all friendly and welcoming.

A recent change is instead of the usual snack and bottle of water, they offered us 500 points as an option.

This seems to be a recent change to the Intercontinental Hotel Group as this was the third time in a row to get points in place of the little snack bag.

The room was spotless and the mattresses quickly lulled us of the sleep.

This is definitely one to remember for future trips.

Room Tip: MK's Asian Kitchen is just a short drive away if you are in the mood for Chinese food. Caution: The Pepper Pot Chicken lives up to its name - quite heavy on the Black pepper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Opelika! We were thrilled you came back to visit and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. With all of your traveling, I am sure those additional bonus points you are earning are adding up fast! Don't forget that in addition to free hotel stays, you can redeem these points for airline miles, merchandise, gift cards or you can donate them to your favorite charity!

Thank you for your business and for your valuable feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Brittney Gladden

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here in late March. When I checked in, the gentleman at the desk said I didn't have a reservation. I said "I know you're kidding, but I've just driven eight hours and would just like to check in, please." He passed over a form for me to sign for extra charges, and then held out my room key. I reached for it. He moved it. I reached again. he moved it again. This went on for about a minute.
My male coworker, meanwhile, was welcomed by the other desk staffer, and given his key, with no games.
After discussing this with said coworker over dinner, I called the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. When I told her about the check in process, she told me that no one had ever had a problem with this particular male staffer, and that he was just trying to lighten my mood. I answered that this was, in fact, not very professional and did not lighten my mood. She said that even though I was the only one to ever complain about him, she would mention this to him.
I have my doubts.
It's probably not a good idea, Holiday Inn Express, to
1) Treat women and men differently when they are checking in at the same time
2) Subsequently suggest that any frustration at such a humiliating check in is probably a fault of the woman checking in and not the desk agent playing games.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leslie W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Leslie W ,