Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on a recent swim meet trip to Auburn University. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We had a room in front of the second floor elevator and aside from the occasional passenger conversations outside the elevator door, the noise was not bothersome. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. This hotel is about an 11 minute drive to the Auburn Campus and close to shopping and many restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brundidge, Alabama
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this particular hotel June 22-23 and the Service was excellent. The room was Fresh , Clean and the Beds were Extremely Comfortable. The Hostess and Staff was very courteous and very friendly, willing and eager to help you and do whatever they could to make my stay more pleasant. This isn't my first stay at this hotel , Its was great before and even better this time around . Thank You So Much for Service Rendered !!! I will be staying there again, You can count on it . And also there are very convenient, Restaurants, Eaterys and Shopping!!! It is also easy accessable from Hwy280 & I-85

Room Tip: Every Room is Excellent
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel chain for the first time recently. The accommodations were excellent for the rate. One of the most pleasant experiences was the personal, servant-attitude of the breakfast hostess. She was a very pleasant young lady who made it her business to personally greet every patron, table that entered the dining room. She went out of her way to ensure that everything was satisfactory and that she was receptive to exploring other options to assist as necessary. I learned from her that she drove from another community, Phoenix City just to have gainful employment. She spoke of the sacrifice, given the travel cost, but that she preferred to be working and driving and felt blessed to just have a job. Her personality and desire to serve seemed well suited for the Hospitality Industry. I can imagine her someday successfully in management and training others how to "humbly serve others with delight." My only negative experience came after departing the hotel. I discovered that I left my "cordless" speak in the bath room. I called the hotel immediately, was assured that "house" keeping had a special place to keep lost & found items and that someone would return my call. I called the hotel for several days and never got the first return call. I trust that someone was really in need of this item. Too bad I didn't leave it in the hotel dining room. Be Blessed, but be sure to take an inventory of important items before you leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for giving us this valuable feed back. I went though lost and found just to check for your lost item and we have not recovered it as of this post. I regret that this message has not gotten back to you in a more timely fashion. We will use this as a learning tool for the future to help serve the needs of our guest. We wish you safe travels for the future.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel several times per year when in Auburn on business. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. I have always received my room preferences on arrival with no problem. The property location is very convenient to I-85 and Hwy 280. Additionally, Tiger Town, a large shopping complex is less than 1 mile away. It offers plenty of restaurant and shopping options for any down time you may have while in Opelika/Auburn.

This HIE has THE BEST breakfast of any I've visited. They have the best bacon and eggs. Yummy!

Great hotel! You will not be disappointed.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

i stay on June 9-10 with the American Legion Riders. it was an extremely short notice change for our group. the staff really did NOT have time to prepare everything perfectly. nonetheless they were professional, gracious and everyone went out of their way to be helpful. the young lady that was working when we inundated her with over 100 checkins in just a couple of hours Katy and the young man Andrew were outstanding. you can not ask for better service than you will get at this hotel and it was clean and a great stay!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Conroe, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped here because it was off the freeway quite a ways. I looked new. There were NO school buses. Room was nice, clean and quiet. The pillows at Holiday Inns need to be upgraded. Glad I brought my own. Staff was helpful in suggesting a place for dinner. Breakfast was good. Price was not cheap, but it was a Friday. $139.00

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just returned 2 days ago from a wonderful weekend at this hotel. The staff was awesome, Katy, Andrew... I have to mention Justin definitely! Justin kept me in coffee in the middle of the night Saturday. I had some insomnia and napped much of Saturday afternoon, and he made sure I was in my coffee all night, even though I was the only awake guest in the hotel! These people seemed to literally bend over backwards to make sure my family and friends were taken care of. We had went for our yearly get-together with our Veterans Organization from Georgia to see all of the wonderful military museums and sights in the area. The room was great, the breakfast was nice! My 11 year old son and I enjoyed the sparkling pool and spa on several occasions. I will be back to this Holiday Inn soon in the near future! Hats off to the best staff ever!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
Courtyard Auburn
Courtyard Auburn
#3 of 17 in Auburn
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!