WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Opelika
Oregon
“The Best Hotel in Opelika/Auburn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel while we were visiting our daughter at Auburn University. The front desk staff was helpful and super nice. I have to give a shout out to Tommy for helping us pick some places to eat dinner several nights. He was a joy to talk to. Rene and Lindsey were also very friendly.

I've noticed several "high maintenance" reviews of this hotel. The one about the hot tub room being too hot made me bust out laughing. This is a hotel for pete's sake, not a daycare. You're paying for a place to sleep, shower, and eat breakfast. Luckily for you, they offer extra amenities such as a hot tub, pool, workout room, business center, and free WiFi.

The problem with hotels, most of the time, is the guests! It's not wrong to ask for an extra pillow, but make sure you show the employee that you appreciate their service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WithersBill
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are so pleased that you did have a great time and we hope that you will come back to stay with us again in the future. We love all of our guest. We do want to meet and exceed the needs of our guest. This is why we value all of our reviews. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the rest of our staff.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hampton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a little over two weeks. I was there on business. The front desk staff there was friendly and very helpful. They helped with everything from making sure that I had a refrigerator/microwave in my room to advice about places around town to eat. I travel a lot for my job and have stayed at a lot of hotels around the country. That being said, Rene was the best front desk receptionist that I have encountered in my travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cemal F
Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure that Rene' reads your review. This will be sure to make her day. I do agree with you. She is an asset to our hotel and we are lucky to work with her each day. We look forward to your return visit.
GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Renée was that works behind the desk Is extremely helpful when things are needed I appreciate it all.
Holiday Inn express employees communicate well are very nice and sure like to help people out
Overall great place to stay and very good atmosphere.
If come down to Alabama this is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Me-so-nice
Thank you for your kind comments and I will make sure that I forward them to Rene'. We are blessed to work with Rene' each day. She is truely a role model for the rest of our staff. I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future.
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our family of four stayed in Opelika at the Holiday Inn Express while in town for a college tour of Auburn. The hotel appeared to be new and everything was spotless. The rooms were standard but our first floor rooms had nice high ceilings which made them feel spacious. Bathrooms were very clean and beds were comfortable -- other than the pillows, which is always a complaint for me at the Holiday Inn chain. The staff were all extremely pleasant and friendly as to be expected in the south, but they made us feel very welcome after a long drive. I would highly recommend this hotel. The drive to Auburn took 15 minutes or so and was very easy to get to.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 4kytravelers
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will call on us again in the future. We are very close to all the fun at Auburn University and still have the great shopping and dinning at Tiger Town at our back door. I am glad you took the time to take it all in.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend while visiting my sister at Auburn, the hotel is new and spacious which is nice. However we arrived at 2:30 and they claimed no rooms were ready which seems odd. They then tell us 3 minutes later that both our rooms are ready but the maid wasnt entering it in the system. The beds were very uncomfortable and the walls were paper thin.

My biggest complaint was Friday morning I wanted to sleep in and the maid starts knocking on the door repeatedly at 8 AM. My mom went out and told her that we were sleeping in and if she could come back later. She agreed and walked off. Not even 5 minutes later our phone starts ringing and it is the maid asking us when we would be up and out of the room because she needs to clean. I quickly got ready so she could have the room, when we came back later I would not call what had been done to the room clean. The trash hadnt been taken out, they had not replaced kleenex or toilet paper.

There were several issues with the hotel that was biggest of them all, I dont believe I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear willi172,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with them again this weekend. It has become our home away from home. The staff greets us by name when we walk through the door. They do everything they can to ensure our comfortable stay each time. I love staying at this hotel much more than any place in the area and we have tried them all.

• Stayed March 2013
Roswell, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The place is new so that is good. the rooms are nice but our bed was as hard as a rock. There was only one trash can, the maid woke up our daughter in an adjoining room to ask when she wanted the room cleaned even after we asked her not to. No towels in the hot tub, after asking they brought 2 for the 5 of us. The hot tub room overheats so they need to keep the door open to the outside, this makes it too cold. Little stuff, but it adds up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I regret to hear that the housekeeper woke your daughter up when she was inquiring about servicing the room. We will be sure to keep more towels in the hot tub area. I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future.
Lynn Daughtry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 16 in Opelika
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!