“I just love this place!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Columbus, Georgia
“I just love this place!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed many places and have never felt the southern hospitality that I have witness at this hotel. They had Ms. Jean working in the lovely breakfast room that just started our day out right. She is so friendly. Andrew was a pleasure and I enjoyed talking with him. I enjoyed shopping at Tiger Town just a stones throw away from the hotel. I will be back again soon and just could not stay any where else.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Lynn D
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I will be sure to pass it along it along to Andrew and Ms. Jean. I am sure it will make their day. We do love to take care of our guest and you will not find a hotel around that is more dedicated to meeting the needs of our guest. We wish you safe travels for the future.
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Webb City, Missouri
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I must say the front desk staff was amazing Kelsey went above and beyond to get me room I wanted and was just in general very helpful and Megan was just as helpful and helpful. And it made my day when I was allowed later checkout that the norm due to delay on job it allowed me to catch an earlier flight to be home for Christmas. This will be my hotel any time I stay in the Opelika area or close to it

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for coming to stay with us and taking the time to send us this great review! We do aim exceed the needs of our guest. I wish you safe travels for the future and I hope to see you again soon.
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel was very quite! We usually ask for a room away from the highway side but forgot to this tme. This one is in sight of the inter-state but we did not hear any road noise. The decor is very nice. The breakfast bar is one of the best we've had. Our room did not have a tub but the shower is very unique with it's shape. No door was needed! And the shower head is large. You can actually rinse the shampoo out of your hair! The front desk attendants were very cordial.

If I had a complaint, it would be to have an open trash container at the breakfast bar. It would make it so much easier to dispose of creamer cups, sugar packs, etc instead of pushing them into the hidden container!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review and tips. I hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I knew I would be giving this hotel a good rating just from looking at the picture on the internet. A colleague of mine booked this hotel for a work related visit, so I immediately went to the web and checked it out...and liked what I saw. Upon arriving, I was very impressed with the location, and how new everything looked. The front desk clerk was very friendly (but the South is known for their hospitality, so I wasn't surprised by this!) When my reservations were made, I requested a king room but wasn't able to get it on the day I checked in. No big deal, I'm very happy in the 2 queen room I am in. It is very clean with modern looking furniture and colors. Every night, I have fallen asleep as soon as my head has hit the pillow, because the bed is very comfortable, and there are lots of pillows of varying firmness.

The breakfast bar in the mornings has just about everything you could expect from a free breakfast, including sausage and gravy biscuits, eggs, bacon and sausage, waffles, bagels, muffins.....cereal (including GRITS--hello, we ARE in Alabama!). And in the evenings Mon-Wed, they have had pizza and wings snacky food and some beer and wine for the guests. I've enjoyed myself.

There is plenty to do nearby, Auburn's campus is 6 miles away, and Tiger Town Shopping Center is just up the street, where you'll find lots of different restaurants a grocery store, Target, Kohl's and other good shopping.

My only complaint is that for the runner types, there aren't a whole lot of safe places to run, so you'll be stuck running loops around the parking lot and surrounding access roads of the hotel and nearby Hampton Inn....doesn't do much if you want to do more than a mile or two....unless you like running on the treadmill in the fitness center.

Opelika seems to be up and coming, I'm enjoying my time here, and would definitely recommend this hotel to others visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in what we do and I hope it shows. The entire staff enjoys meeting all our great guest and the Manager's Reception on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are a great time to do this. Thank you for staying with us. We know you could have gone any where else and we appreciate your loyalty. We feel like you can go to any old hotel but, our staff makes the difference in making our place a hotel that guest love. We look forward to your many stays with us in the future!
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was very nice and only a few years old. Nice, quiet rooms, good breakfast. Landscaping was beautiful. Rooms a re very quiet-we were there on a football weekend and it was packed but never heard anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We never get tired of hearing that our guest had a great stay with us. We try to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you will stay with us again when your in town. Safe travels for the future!
Enigma
Reviewed November 20, 2012

the hotel is located close to just about any place you would like eat.the rooms are always clean and the staff are great.when I checked in there was no refridge, or microwave. Icalled the front desk and with in minutes ( Kelsey) had brought them to my room .now thats service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. Kelsey works hard to exceed the needs of our guest and enjoys going the extra mile. We look forward to your return visit to our area.
Decatur, Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The interior design of the lobby area is beautiful. We were greeted very well by the staff person at the front desk. The room is emaculate. Wall colors are soothing, bathroom is very clean, furniture is contemporary and the flat screen tv is great. The bed bids you to a night of wonderful sleep. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope you got to see some of the great shpping and dinning places so close by at Tiger Town. I wish you fun filled safe travels for the future.
Lynn Daughtry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Courtyard Auburn
Courtyard Auburn
#3 of 16 in Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!