“Very clean. Nice features.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Hartselle, Alabama
“Very clean. Nice features.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. The building is approximately four years old. Our room was perfectly clean. There was a desk and the WIFI was strong. Nice HD TV. Shower force was excellent. The beds were comfortable and the bed spreads were spotless. Just a great place at a good price (We actually stayed on Marriott points). Also convenient to shopping and the interstate.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
StaffatFairfield, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate you mentioning those specific items that are important to our guests (wifi, HDTV, water pressure) that we don't have specifically listed on our hotel website. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. Kindest regards, Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Southeast virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I concur with most of the reviews. My family and I were pleased with our stay. The location was good being about 10 minutes from Auburn University where we were visiting. The room was a little small, but for the price, it was worth it. there was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The beds were comfortable and the room quite. We did stay for the complementary breakfast which was served from 6 to 9 AM. There was a good assortment of food, including some asian fare (dried soups, etc). The waffles were very good (make sure you try this). The breakfast staff were very helpful and friendly (even though we arrived late--she did not make us feel rushed).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mkingsva
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We are always striving to impress every guest that decides to stay with us because we know there are a lot of options to choose from when traveling to Auburn/ Opelika. I will share your comments with our breakfast hostess and let her know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again if the opportunity arises and thank you again for your time.
Kindest Regards, Emily
LA
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at this location recently. Staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast area was clean and selection of food items was acceptable. This location is easily accessible from the Interstate and is located adjacent to a large shopping mall and a variety of choice for quick dining. We stayed on the side facing the interstate and noted some road noise but overall not overly bothersome. This is a very good location for an overnight stay and I would not hesitate to return there for an extended stay if in the area again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side away from the road, probably not as much road noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I ended up at this hotel last weekend unexpectedly. I had a reservation at the Auburn Hampton Inn and due to plumbing issues, they moved me to this hotel. I was slightly aggravated about the change until I got to the Fairfield. First of all, the desk staff/mgmt were soooooo nice! They gave me a welcome bag and really went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.
The room was really nice. I was put in a King Suite, with a separate living room. It was certainly nicer than what I had booked at the Hampton Inn down the road!

When I checked out the next morning to move to the Hampton Inn, I told them I would be back to the Fairfield on future trips to Auburn/Opelika for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here two nights while making a visit to Auburn University. It was about a1.5 hours drive from the Atlanta airport, and 10 minutes from the university. The room was clean and comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of the five square pillows on each bed...I think I would prefer three standard size pillows! Anyway, the room had a fridge and small microwave which I did not use. They provided Pantene shampoo but not lotion for those that rely on those items. Breakfast was provided - it was continental with cereal, baked goods, you could make waffles, and there was a microwave for Jimmy Dean's items. The overall experience was as expected for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Spent the night at this hotel for business in Auburn. It was a very typical Fairfield Inn stay. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. It took 8 minutes to get to downtown Auburn for my meeting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stay at a lot of mid level chains in my travels. This may have been the best I have ever had. The hotel certainly had the standard Fairfield Inn qualities, which I like to start with, but it offered other positives.

Location was excellent for a golf visit to the Robert T Jones golf trail--a couple miles away...and for a stop at Auburn for a basketball game. Hotel was very clean everywhere (newer hotel?), and the room was spotless. Bedding was the high Fairfield standard.

The breakfast was very good--seemed a step above some Fairfields in terms of selection, and everything was fresh, including fruit.

The thing that stood out, however, were the staff--front desk, breakfast area, housekeeping. Everyone was absolutely friendly and helpful. When I checked in, I noticed they advertised having free Auburn tickets for some "selected" games. When the staff checked the date I was interested in, it was unfortunately not on the list...well she says hold on and that every once in awhile the tourism bureau has some extras. She makes some calls, and later that night lets me know they have 2 free tickets for me. They would be delivered to the desk in the morning!! I expect this type of effort and results from the highest end hotels, but FF Inns are not staffed for this--they did this I'm certain well beyond the job description, and it was much appreciated.

I won't travel through here often, but this will be my choice when I do. Make sure you try this one if you are in need of a hotel in the area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#4 of 16 in Auburn

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika? Share your experiences!