“Excellent Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at this location recently. Staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast area was clean and selection of food items was acceptable. This location is easily accessible from the Interstate and is located adjacent to a large shopping mall and a variety of choice for quick dining. We stayed on the side facing the interstate and noted some road noise but overall not overly bothersome. This is a very good location for an overnight stay and I would not hesitate to return there for an extended stay if in the area again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side away from the road, probably not as much road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I ended up at this hotel last weekend unexpectedly. I had a reservation at the Auburn Hampton Inn and due to plumbing issues, they moved me to this hotel. I was slightly aggravated about the change until I got to the Fairfield. First of all, the desk staff/mgmt were soooooo nice! They gave me a welcome bag and really went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.
The room was really nice. I was put in a King Suite, with a separate living room. It was certainly nicer than what I had booked at the Hampton Inn down the road!

When I checked out the next morning to move to the Hampton Inn, I told them I would be back to the Fairfield on future trips to Auburn/Opelika for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here two nights while making a visit to Auburn University. It was about a1.5 hours drive from the Atlanta airport, and 10 minutes from the university. The room was clean and comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of the five square pillows on each bed...I think I would prefer three standard size pillows! Anyway, the room had a fridge and small microwave which I did not use. They provided Pantene shampoo but not lotion for those that rely on those items. Breakfast was provided - it was continental with cereal, baked goods, you could make waffles, and there was a microwave for Jimmy Dean's items. The overall experience was as expected for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Spent the night at this hotel for business in Auburn. It was a very typical Fairfield Inn stay. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. It took 8 minutes to get to downtown Auburn for my meeting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stay at a lot of mid level chains in my travels. This may have been the best I have ever had. The hotel certainly had the standard Fairfield Inn qualities, which I like to start with, but it offered other positives.

Location was excellent for a golf visit to the Robert T Jones golf trail--a couple miles away...and for a stop at Auburn for a basketball game. Hotel was very clean everywhere (newer hotel?), and the room was spotless. Bedding was the high Fairfield standard.

The breakfast was very good--seemed a step above some Fairfields in terms of selection, and everything was fresh, including fruit.

The thing that stood out, however, were the staff--front desk, breakfast area, housekeeping. Everyone was absolutely friendly and helpful. When I checked in, I noticed they advertised having free Auburn tickets for some "selected" games. When the staff checked the date I was interested in, it was unfortunately not on the list...well she says hold on and that every once in awhile the tourism bureau has some extras. She makes some calls, and later that night lets me know they have 2 free tickets for me. They would be delivered to the desk in the morning!! I expect this type of effort and results from the highest end hotels, but FF Inns are not staffed for this--they did this I'm certain well beyond the job description, and it was much appreciated.

I won't travel through here often, but this will be my choice when I do. Make sure you try this one if you are in need of a hotel in the area!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting the Auburn area for a December graduation. We found the hotel to be pleasant and would have rated it higher except for a few points. We found the room, although comfortable, to be just a bit smaller than we have found at similar hotels of equal value. Additionally, the breakfast was somewhat limited; prepackaged biscuit breakfast sandwiches; limited choices of bagels, etc. There was, however, a hot waffle machine.

There is an indoor pool and spa whihc was ver nice. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We liked this hotel. It was great space for our visit for what we were there for - visit to Auburn University. Service was great. Breakfast had a lot to choose from. Lots of kids team type of groups there. Very family oriented.

Took us about 15 minutes to drive to the university but there was a lot to do around the hotel (Starbucks, Books A Million, Target, TJ Maxx, Dicks, Kohls, etc....).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Candlewood Suites Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 17 in Opelika
Home2 Suites by Hilton Opelika Auburn
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika? Share your experiences!