“I eat there several times a month”
Review of Jimmy's - CLOSED

Jimmy's
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I mainly eat at Jimmy's for lunch, but the monthly dinners are also great. They always have perfect salads with the best tasting tomatoes all year round. I love the vegetable plate but it's hard to pick from since everything is so good. I love the gumbo, the oyster stew, and the shrimp and grits. The fried catfish is great, as are the shrimp and salmon sandwiches. If you see something on the menu but want something slightly different, or wish something was on the menu, Jimmy will fix it for you. If you give him a day or two notice, he will even cook special requests not on the menu for you.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have had the pleasure of dining twice at Jimmy's in Opelika, Alabama earlier this year. First, having grown up in Columbus, Georgia, Opelika was not a place you considered dining, period much less enjoying a 5 Star Restaurant.
I stopped by Jimmy's on the way home from the beach earlier this year because I had heard great things about the place. Everything I heard had been understated. The food, wine, and bread pudding was to die for. Every bite was a pleasure. My second trip was more recent for one of the monthly fixe prix menus. Each course was marvelous but the real treat was the owner, Jimmy Sikes introduced each dish and the wine pairing before the course was served. He is not only a tremendous restauranteur but he is a very funny guy who makes you feel very much at home.
A group of my friends from Atlanta already have a special night planned for January 2014 when we can again enjoy the delicious food at Jimmy's but also enjoy spending time listening to Jimmy share his insight about the food we will certainly enjoy.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

with Jimmy's. After numerous recommendations, we made reservations for 7:30 for 5 adults. We arrived a few minutes late. We were greeted promptly and seated and provided menus. Upon return, the server asked if we were ready to order. Actually, no, we would like to have a cocktail. It became very obvious the staff was going to great lengths to get us in and out quickly. We were told the kitchen was closing at 8 pm even though the sign on the door stated they were open til 9:30. One dish was delivered to the table wrong from the order and the server asked if we wanted to eat the wrong order or get what we ordered.

Since my visit, I have heard numerous reports of poor service.

I would recommend the owner get back in the restaurant and put some passion back into making this place what it used to be.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We arrived on time for our reservation only to learn that our table had been given to another couple. After waiting for another table, we were seated and waited for our waiter to take our drink orders. This took about 15 minutes. He brought bread but no silverware or bread plates. After several more minutes, we were able to catch our waiter's attention to ask for these items, which he brought after a few more minutes. After 40 minutes from our seating, we placed our dinner orders. Roughly 30 minutes passed at which time our salads arrived. We asked for more salad dressing, but never received it. My family finally received our entrees as we had ordered, except for mine...I had ordered a steak. I waited, and waited some more. My filet mignon, which I ordered med-well finally arrived, but by this time my family had already finished their meals. I cut into my steak and discovered it was only cooked to rare, if that much!! We waited several more minutes to catch our waiters attention to report our problem. By this time, roughly a tablespoon of blood had collected on my plate where I had cut my steak. The waiter agreed that it was not cooked properly and offered to cook it more, but all of the blood on my plate had totally grossed me out, besides my entire family had been finished eating about 20 minutes ago. Thankfully, he did not charge me for my meal. I'm sorry 'Jimmy' but your establishment just lost four loyal customers.

5  Thank BM F
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Jimmy's is one of our favorites! Always good food, really nice service. If you love gumbo, don't fail to order it here...really good. My personal favorite is the shrimp and grits. Yummy!! You can't go wrong by eating at Jimmy's