“Fried green tomatoes!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We eat here a lot, my daughter loves the little corn reads they serve with every meal. Too many great foods to list. And Jimmy's is so good we get a turkey fried from their for thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas.

There are newer reviews for Jimmy's

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'm on a work trip, and I seem to have taken on the task of finding something that everyone can agree on for dinner. Well, while in the South, I decided us Yankees (2 Philadelphians, a Pittsburgh transplant, and a Columbus, OH visitor) should go out for Creole/Cajun...ya know, that whole "when in Rome...." thing. I found Jimmy's on Yelp, and then went to the web to check out their menu and we all agreed it was going to be tonight's choice. I'm so happy we did, too!

We all enjoyed our dinners, and I'm actually a little apalled by the negative reviews on here. We found the service to be very good, we were seated almost immediately, and I even emailed earlier in the day to see if we needed reservations, and I got an email from Jimmy, who told me there would be a table waiting.

I couldn't decide on just one thing, so I ordered a cup of gumbo and Jim's Taste of the New Orleans, which was a Chef's choice of three of the New Orleans style dinners. I don't know if it varies by nights, but on this particular night, the Taste of the South consisted of jambalaya, Crawfish Etoufee, and Shrimp and Grits, and a fried green tomato on the side. The gumbo was wonderful....just a little bit of heat, and served over rice. I wasn't sure I was going to like the jambalaya or the crawfish etoufee, but once I tasted each of them, I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. The shrimp and grits was so rich, but fantastic!

I didn't partake, but it was Wednesday, and they had a Tapas special for $4.95 for selected appetizers and glasses of wine, also at $4.95/glass. Jimmy's has an extensive wine list, and lots of beer and other "harder" drinks.

I had so much to eat, I didn't have room for dessert....and I really wish I did. I hope I get sent back down to Opelika in a few years for the job I am working on, just so I can revisit and chow down all over again!

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening!

1  Thank GreyhoundGirlie
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food wasn't bad and the service was OK. The problem was how the management dealt with a discount coupon. They refused to honor their own (unexpired) coupon and were unpleasant. Not going back,

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Jimmy's has always offered fine New Orleans style food. Now he offers on Wednesdays (in addition to their excellent menu) Tapas. These are small plates at $4.95 apiece along with excellent wines also at $4.95 per glass. It's really a very good value and lot's of fun to pick and share. My wife has come to expect each Wednesday as "cooks day off".

1  Thank NorthernBurt
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The entrees were not anything special. We recently moved back to Alabama from the west coast and have been on a quest for the best bread pudding in the area and Jimmy's is definitely the frontrunner!