“You Gotta Love Cajun !!”
Review of Jimmy's - CLOSED

Jimmy's
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Auburn, Alabama
“You Gotta Love Cajun !!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Jimmy Sikes is probably the best Cajun Chef in southeast Alabama. If you love Cajun coking in a 4 star setting please go here. I have tried so many diffferant items; i'd say the bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer is the best ive tried, he always prepares the food excellent. Jambaylaya...sausage...Crawfish etouffe.....great drinks and wines.
A Perfect choice for a DATE !! With your wife !

• Visited June 2012

Redwood City, California
“Go for the jambalaya & the desserts”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Surprisingly good Cajun food for such a small town. The jambalaya was great - very flavorful with some heat, but not flame-you-out hot. The blackened shrimp were also tasty, and the desserts (we had something very chocolately and blackberries marinated in grand marnier over ice cream) excellent. Good wine list. A big plus, the hostess was very friendly.

• Visited April 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good Cajun”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Jimmy's has one of the best, if not the best, wine cellars in the area. The food is a good assortment of cajun and sometimes soul food.

Visited July 2011
Alabama
“Very average”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The food was just average and so was the service. We have tried it twice and won't go back.

Visited October 2011
Auburn, Alabama
“Quiet and Romantic!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

It was the evening of my birthday dinner and I had done my homework on romantic quiet settings in town and decided on Jimmy's because I'd been craving great seafood. Jimmy's did not dissapoint.
Food was magnificent and superbly prepared. Our waitress was incredibly attentive and enthusiastic about the menu.
We began with fried crab claws. The breading was light and very tasty. We laughed at ourselves as we scarfed them down. Just couldn't stop enjoying every bite! The bread tasted homemade with just that perfect hint of Rosmary growing from the garden walk outside.
I ordered a brand-new offering of the season, the Stuffed Quail in Cranberry sauce. Honestly I just don't know how any other patrons enjoyed their dinner over my loud Mmmmns, embarrasingly escaping from my mouth. This was THE tastiest sauce and stuffing I'd had in a long time. Also, the asparagus and spinach side dish was bursting with flavor! Everything was amazing. My husband was very pleased with his steak which he commented was tender, juicy, with a fantastic taste.
We ended our most pleasant experience with a homemade cheesecake which my husband also enjoyed very much. Be aware that the cheesecake is incredibly rich so it is only a small sliver of what would normally be served in most settings.

• Visited November 2011