Days Inn - Oneonta AL
$80
Hotels.com
$64
$84
Quality Inn Trussville(Trussville)(Great Value!)
$85
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I can't believe Wyndham allows themselves to be associated with this hotel. I hate to give this hotel a bad review but it cannot be helped. First let me say, I have been going to the small town of Oneonta for 40 years, my entire life. My mother's family is from this area. I am grateful there is a Days Inn in this small town to give folks at least another option, however for the price of $80 a night, this place needs to do some SERIOUS work.

Let me also say, this staff is very kind and friendly. However, their ability to improve the stay is incredibly limited.

My uncle passed away the first of November and I stayed at this location for one night. While it was not wonderful then, the room did not stink of urine. It was extremely rundown but clean. However this visit on the 23rd for a family wedding was AWFUL. The room, room 117, reeked of urine. The walls were all marked up, there was VISIBLE mold in the bathroom, and the shower did not drain.

The ice maker is broken, the soda machine does not work. You can ask the front desk for some ice, but you will have to walk there to get it because the phone line in room 117 was cut into. Unfortunately when we asked for ice at about 6:00pm there was none available and she was waiting on the manager to bring her some. I may be way off base, but someone LIVES just above/behind the office, I could be assuming incorrectly that it is the owner or the manager. The finally after 4 hours, we went and got our own ice.

Again, I am happy there is more than one option in Oneonta, however this place is disgusting and again, I can't believe that Wyndham allows there name to be associated with it. My hope is they will take some constructive criticism and go in there and clean this place up. Some fresh paint, fixtures, bedding and towels. The towels were so rough they will make you bleed.

Just really sad and run down. They have the lock on you because the other place in town is WORSE, so they do not blink charging you $80 because you will gladly pay it not to have to stay at the other option.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 117
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Time for a GI cleaning... Maids must do a wipe and run...

Tv remote sometime of the time actually worked
the fan in the bathroom was extremely loud.

the staff was very nice and very helpful

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business