“was great except for noise level from next room ....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn - Oneonta AL

Days Inn - Oneonta AL
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oneonta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tallahassee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had to travel to Oneonta for a funeral. There are only two motels and this is far better the best of the two, However, I was shocked at the rate I paid for little in return. It is a small two story facility with no elevator. I like staying on the top floor so no one is walking above my head but stairs can be difficult and dangerous. Front desk staff was friendly but not up to date on the local restaurants. Every one that was recommended was closed in the evening. The best place in town was actually across the street and in walking distance. Don't plan on watching a nice wide screen HD TV. Try a 1995 19 inch that was so fuzzy I thought my glasses needed cleaning. The rooms were clean and the A/C worked great, but I am not a fan of having a soap dispenser in the shower and the vanity. You can get bar soap if you go to the front desk and ask. My toilet also ran constantly. Thousands of gallons of water wasted. I reported it but maintenance was a no show. I should have styed with relatives, but I didn't want to impose. This could be a great little motel with some upgrades and better rates.

Room Tip: If you are able, climb the stairs to the 2nd floor. Get a room on the end. Very Quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was a business trip - paid for by the company, so I actually have no idea what the daily rate was BUT we were very happy with this hotel! We have stayed in some Days Inn that were just terrible, so when we found out that's where we were booked, we were a little scared. When we checked in, the desk clerk wanted to give us a 2nd floor room, but there are no elevators and I wasn't up to carrying our stuff up and down the steps all week so I asked for a ground floor room. She said the only one available was the king suite next to the ice maker and we would probably hear it a lot. I took it and was pleasantly surprised..with the AC on, we never heard the icemaker at all AND we were able to park right in front of our door. The bed was super comfortable and we had refrigerator/microwave. Very, very happy with our room.

Room Tip: With AC unit on, you can not hear the icemaker next to the ground floor king suite despite what mgmt...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Would not stay at another days inn if this is what u get. Bathroom light was like a night light. Not enough towels. Took forever for help from front desk. Tv sucked. Decor was like staying at my great grandmothers... Old outdated.wallpaper was peeling had wires sticking out of wall.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Oneonta hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you've stayed at a motel, ever, then you know what you're getting here: a bed, a bathroom, towels, and a large climate control unit that you can never quite get adjusted just right. You also get a refrigerator, which was a welcome surprise, and the bed was really comfortable. The room was pretty spacious, clean, and smelled much better than one expects a motel to smell. Also, pets are allowed, for an additional $10/night.

This location used to be a Best Western, I know this because I remember seeing it as one, and because the old Best Western signage is still sitting in the corner of the parking lot. The impression that I got is that it was taken over rather recently, and the new owners are getting things repaired and updated as they're able. No major problems, just little things like the shower curtain bar sagged quite a bit, or the bathroom door didn't quite close unless you lifted it up by the handle first. Charming quirks, really, since overall it's a pretty nice motel. Certainly more than I expected from Oneonta, having grown up there some years ago.

The next time we're in town and need a place to stay, I doubt we'll hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the office for a better wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay late at night and saw Days Inn and was informed it was $59.95 a night and I told them I thought it was too high for an older motel that had not been upgraded. I walked out and used my phone to call some of the other motels listed and called Best Western and you guessed it Days Inn answered the phone telling me they had taken over.
I should have taken the time to stay at a location closer to the interstate.

I have not typed anything that I did not tell the manager on duty the night I checked in when I asked her to adjust the room rate and even showed her what I had paid at a Microtel in Albertville Al that was a lot newer and part of the Wyndam group

01-31-12 room 206

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Trussville
4.0 of 5 stars 74 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Trussville

Been to Days Inn - Oneonta AL? Share your experiences!