“Very pleasant”
Review of Covered Bridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneonta
Covered Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Oneonta B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Booked two rooms for two nights, for my daughter's bridal party and me (Mom). One was non-smoking and the other smoking. Except for the obvious smell of the smoking room, you couldn't tell one room from the other. The smoking room actually had more comfortable beds. I can't complain. The staff was very courteous and the place was very clean and not over-priced. Will stay again, anytime. I also recommend that you visit Palisades Park up Hwy 231 which is maybe a ten minute drive from the hotel. Breath-taking views.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I very much enjoyed staying at this motel. The town was quiet and peaceful. Management was very nice and helpful at 3a.m. The rooms were very well kept and up to standards. I stayed for 2 days and slept great each night. Will definitely stay here again if I am back in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chasity D
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here because the only other motel in town had lost our reservation. Upon arrival, they tried to charge us a second time, as my father-in-law had already arranged to pay for our room. The staff are very nice, but they seem very out-of-touch as to how awful this place is.

The grounds are in disrepair and need attention/cleaning (there were peanut shells all over the place and McDonald's trash in the parking lot). The stairs were so rusty, you could literally see daylight through them, and we were nervous about using them. Our room was very much outdated, dirty (the phone was disgusting), hot, smelly (pretty sure it was a smoking room, even though we asked for non-smoking), and humid. Given that it was July in Alabama, you would think they would have the A/C on, but, no, they didn't. The cable didn't work, the sheets were scratchy, and we didn't have a hair dryer in our room. We called the front desk, and they fixed the cable; we were told, however, that they couldn't find another hair dryer for us but to check back in the morning. The air conditioner was ancient, and it made loud buzzing noises every five minutes, which made it impossible to sleep. Turning it off was not an option, though, as it was July in Alabama. As another poster has commented, there is no pool, as is advertised on their website; this is probably a good thing, given the condition and cleanliness of the rest of the motel.

I have stayed in many hotels/motels over the years, but this was hands-down the worst experience I have ever had. The place needs some serious attention and renovation to make it even tolerable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground level. My in-laws stayed there, and their rooms looked much better than our...
Reviewed July 31, 2012

When my family and I arrived at the Covered Bridge Inn, we were greeted to the the news that all the non-smoking rooms in the motel were taken. When I told the clerk that wasn't acceptable, she suddenly remembered she DID have ONE non-smoking room she could rent. She advised me that the fridge and microwave did not work. We were running late for a wedding rehearsal and dinner, so I told her that room would be fine. When we entered room 110, we were greeted by the odor of a stale smoking room that seemed as if it hadn't seen guests for quite some time. There were cigarette burns on the furniture. There were dark stains on the carpet, and the bed looked as if someone had bled out or gave birth on it. We asked for a refund, and the clerk gave us one. There was no apology - they just seemed offended we didn't like the room. There were no vacancies in Oneonta, so I drove to Gadsden and checked in at the Hampton Inn, where we had a wonderful stay. I will be calling the Health Dept about the Covered Bridge Inn.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

They need to change their website they do not have a pool, the pool has been filled in with cement. the toilet had dried urine on the seat and the tub was dirty. The bed sheets had stains.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My sister told me about this great, quiet, and peaceful hotel in the small town of Oneonta, AL. At first I thought she was crazy but I took her word for it and went. The Covered Bridge Inn has the most friendly staff and beautiful rooms. You could not pay me to go to a different hotel.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittany Shawne... C
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I did not like the attitude of the person at a nearby hotel and decided to take a chance with this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. I was on a business trip and will stay at this hotel from now. The staff is GREAT and very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PMulji

Been to Covered Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!