“Great Sweet Spot”

Mary's Cakes and Pastries
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Northport
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Don't give up if you can't find it, It's on the alley street behind the antique stores. I've never found anything that Mary makes that's not delicious. I especially enjoy the personal size pizzas when they have them. Also, don't pass up a chance to try the mystery bread that she makes in the summer. Did I mention that she makes beautiful special occasion cakes?

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I like to go in at lunch just for special treats for my husband or for a tailgate tray. You never know what special treat you will find. I love the small town feel and service with uptown tastes and beautiful decorating.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently at at Mary's cakes and pastries in Northport Alabama. The location is kind of hidden back behind main street in an alley but it is very quaint and clean. I there was a nice variety of lunch style foods in addition to the baked goods. Especially a nice choice of vegetarian and low calorie items. I tried the tomato pie and a tomato salad. The tomato pie was off the chart good, with a soft tender crust that almost melted in my mouth. The tomato salad came with a mozzarella cheese that I didn't really care for, it seemed to have a slightly sour taste. I guess I was expecting the usual mozzarella taste so it surprised me. Not sure if the mozzarella was homemade and that was the reason it tasted different or not. The portions were very smaller than I usually see at food establishments but I was not hungry when finished.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The party turned out perfect :) The Cake was Beautiful and Delishious and the duck cookies was a perfect addition they were very good and so cute. Everyone wanted to know where I got the cake and cookies, so you will have more customers! Thank y`all it was great. I sent you all pictures, but didnt see them. I may have done it wrong. Go to my fb page, I have some good pics of the cake and cookies. Thanks again, and I will be back :)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I must be honest in saying, Mary's has the best cakes and the most talented cake decorator in town. Her amazing talented workers not only present cakes that resemble something off of "Cake Boss", but they taste just as amazing as they look!! The price to some may seem a little high, but in regards to high quality product you receive...I think its right on the money. Mary"s is not only famous for her cakes; but her pastries too are out of this world! Highly recommend this wonderful and friendly staff! I use them for every event and occasion and will continue for many years to come!