“Warmed up a cold wet day”
Review of Papa Wok

Papa Wok
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Looking around the Shoals on a wet cold day and wanting soup, so my partner and I loaded up to go check out what Papa Wok had to offer. The restaurant is small but stylish and clean. We both decided on the coconut soup but were both a little puzzled at it's less than coconut taste and texture. Althought it was warm and enjoyable I was thrown off by the thickening agent that was apparently added. It removed that nice clean coconut milk experience from the soup entirely. We had barely started on our the soup when our shared entree arrived. So, trying to get warm with soup made the meal cold when we we ready for it. We split a Kung Pao Chicken which was listed among the specials of the day. It was plentiful for two, and even came with rice and an egg roll. It tasted fine, but when sdomething has three peppers listed behind the title I tend to expect a little heat. But the waitress was kind and brought me a ramekin of chili pepper oil to help season to my expectations. I might return to try out some other offerings.