“A GOOD PLACE TO VISIT”

Champy's Famous Fried Chicken
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Champy's tries to give you the feel of the old Mississippi Delta juke joints, while providing the freshest ingredients for all of our scratch-made dishes. All of our chicken is FRESH, never frozen, and is cooked to order! Our catfish is USDA farm-raised right here in the South. All of our sides are made from scratch daily. This may take a little longer, but it's worth the wait! Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited Muscle Shoals yesterday on a day ride from Western Tenn. with the specific intent on eating at Champy's. I was not disappointed. Arrived about 2:30 pm, there was a light crowd, plenty of available seating and the bar was wide open, so that's where I sat. Wait staff was nice and attentive. Ordered a draft, which was as it should be, cold. Had an order of the Tamales, that were tasty, which also came with an order of coleslaw and crackers. I am particular about slaw and this was good. Ordered my entrée of 3 chicken wings plus one more, 3 is never enough. Sides offered were coleslaw and baked beans, which is what I stayed with, but on the menu there is a listing for other sides that could be substituted. Chicken arrived before I finished the Tamales, which is always a good sign. The chicken was hot and tasty, the batter seemed to be a light batter which made the chicken very crispy and I did not waste a piece of the skin when it fell off. Slaw and beans were good. Décor was nice. Atmosphere was light, as stated before it was mid afternoon, I am sure this is a rockin place on Fridays and Saturdays. I did hear the waitress mention they had live music, except during football season and that is a dominant factor in Alabama. All in all I enjoyed my experience and would come back again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Several local people had recommended this restaurant and when we arrived early one Saturday afternoon there were lots of cars outside and it was busy inside. We were in the mood for wings and they were delicious. While you are waiting on your order there is so much to see on the walls - lots of Alabama memorabilia. We thought the prices were reasonable, and the menu offered a lot of selections, mostly Southern. There are 4 locations advertised. There is a bar, outside seating, and this seems to be a family-friendly restaurant. We would definitely go to this restaurant again. This is a very casual restaurant.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was very excited to eat here until I did. It is very disorganized. I had to wait 20 minutes on a table and they had 5 tables that weren't being used. After 20 minutes they seated us at 1 of those tables. When we ordered my wife ordered chicken tenders. . They told her they were out of them, so she ordered fish instead. 30 minutes later a couple that was seated behind us also ordered chicken tenders. They were served chicken tenders and my wife still hadn't got her plate of fish that ended up being terrible anyway. I ordered hot wings and didnt eat but 1 of them. They were awful. Worst experience I've had at a restaurant in the Shoals area.

1  Thank Mj4life
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Enjoyed some good chicken recently while visiting from out of town. The serving sizes are huge, and the service was a bit slow. However, the chicken was hot and quite tasty. It does bother me that you have to pay extra for substitutions in the sides. All in all, it was a good meal.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We visited Champys during the Handy music festival. The service was prompt and friendly. There were a number of beers on tap and some great micro-brews. We ordered the chicken and the tamales and highly recommend them both. The side dishes were excellent as well. It was a fun and festive atmosphere.