Hampton Inn Birmingham/Mountain Brook
$159
SpringHill Suites
$44
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationgreek restaurantcomplimentary waterstrip mallparking lotcomplimentary breakfastroom was cleangreat place to stayfitness centerwould definitely stay here againstaff was friendlyfront desk staffwafflesbusiness tripnice stayeasy accessthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My flight was cancelled and I needed a hotel with short notice. I had stayed at this hotel for a wedding the previous year and has an excellent experience. I was able to get a room at the last minute, the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous. The room was clean, bed was so comfortable. Some of the other guest would slam doors when going in and out of their room, but that was no faults of hotel mgmt. Would recomment this hotel to anyone. Also great location for getting around all areas of the city. Easy in and out access to major highway.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Meredith H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham/Mountain Brook, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for staying at Hampton Inn Mountain Brook! We appreciate any feedback you give us and are working to keep the property in excellent condition for our guests. Please let us know if you have any further feedback for us.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed for three nights to attend a conference in Homewood. My room was very comfortable...warm despite the very cold weather, great bed & pillows, and spacious. My only real complaint is specific to room 113. I cringed when I saw that my room was next to the fitness center and sure enough, I heard the thumping treadmill and whirring eliptical day and night. Terrible, terrible placement for a room. I had such an ordeal checking in (a hotels.com error) that I didn't bother with requesting a different room. The area seems nice but I didn't really explore much except to visit Vulcan Park which is definitely worth a stop. Great views and an interesting museum.

Room Tip: Request a new room if you're assigned to 113, which is next to the fitness center.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Quiet area, great helpful staff! Room was terrifc! Very clean and comfortable with attention to details. Check In was a breeze and the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'll return here on my trips to Birmingham for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Clean, quiet, single female felt very safe, friendly helpful staff, complimentary water on arrival & breakfast in the morning, convenient parking & location, all in all very satisfied & highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I arrived at 9:30 am and was immediately given a room without additional charge. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very good and it was included in the price. There was coffee and tea at the reception lobby all the time.
Unfortunately, the air conditioning was old and noisy. I wrapped it with the comforter from the second bed to stop the rattle, but still woke up several times during the night from its loud start. The bed was hard and not comfortable. There was only one restaurant nearby which I liked (a Greek Cafe), also Chick-Fil-A.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business