“Enjoyable dinner with friends”
Review of Ollie Irene - CLOSED

Ollie Irene
Cuisines: American
Alabama
“Enjoyable dinner with friends”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Ollie Irene several times and recently introduced our friends to it. The atmosphere is interesting and quiet enough to hold meaningful conversations. The food is intriguing and very fresh and tasty with strong local influences. We heartily recommend it for those looking for a smaller more intimate venue to enjoy themselves.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank alaseal

Norcross
“Can not get enough of this restaurants food!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have eaten here time after time and the food and staff are fantastic.I eat every time I go to watch softball at BSC. I have met interesting people that were eating for the first time and were as impressed as i was. The specialty bar drinks are to die for. The appetizers can make a meal. Try roasted cauliflower, home made sausage,and the pickles. Grouper wrapped in bacon with celery root puree melts in your mouth. .
Try the deserts if you have room in your happy tummy.
Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank goodfoodjunkie
“Ollie Irene - FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Came across this little restaurant/bar while on a two-day business trip and had one of the best meals I've ever had. Started with an appetizer of their pork sausage with pickled onions and then summer squash ravioli. wonderful! Also had a really good white burgundy. Felt very comfortable just sitting at the bar and eating my meal solo. Came in not expecting anything great but I left unbelievably surprised. Came back one month later when finishing up the business from my first trip (happened to be Halloween evening) and had another fantastic meal. Sat at the bar again although the tables certainly seemed inviting and had an enjoyable conversation with the owner's wife who was holding their infant. This time I also had the desert, a bread pudding type of thing that blows away anything you've ever had. Can't say enough about this place. I've recommended it to all my Birmingham acquaintances and all my colleagues who may be traveling to the Birmingham area.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank William H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful neighborhood place”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We go to Birmingham often because our daughter is there in college. This food is excellent and original. It surprises me at the number of Birmingham locals that we meet that have not heard of it because they are always busy. We have many excellent restaurants to choose from in Atlanta but always look forward to visiting this little spot we just stumbled upon.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Pam J
Birmingham
“Cute Local Restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Based on TripAdvisor reviews my wife and I decided to visit Ollie Irene last Saturday evening. We arrived early, around 5 pm so as to sit at the bar for a while and take in the scene. I think I would describe the restaurant as "country casual'. Very friendly bartender and waitstaff throughout. My Flat Top Chicken and my wife's gnocchi were very tasty, but the star of the evening was the mussels appetizer. Absolutely delicious! We will probably return when in the area.

• Visited September 2013