Tripadvisor

“Date Night ”

Big Mike's Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Moundville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First visit to Mike’s- about an hour’s drive from home. We’ve heard such great things that we had to try it. Steaks were good, but not so good that we will drive that far again. Clean, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

This was a very nice steakhouse. Great customer service from the hostess and waitress. The food was great. You will have to wait for a table but they move pretty fast to get you a table quickly. I will be returning. Steak was so tender and seasoned was perfect. No STEAK SAUCE NEEDED!!
I will be going back soon

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed August 26, 2019

We had a party of ten. One person got there when they opened on a Saturday night to get our name in. The rest of us got there a little later and we were seated about an hour after our name was out on the list. Pleasant covered patio to wait on. Waitress was very adept at serving a large group. Steaks were big enough to share, they even have a split option to get a second salad and potato. Our steaks were cooked to a perfect medium rare. Everyone was too full to sample desserts. Fun and great steaks.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

We thought we were arriving early and still had a 45 min wait. 20 minutes later, other people were being told it was an hour and a half long wait. The Big Mike steak was totally worth it. My husband and I enjoyed a pleasant evening with a very nice wait staff. The steak lived up to its reputation! We will call in advance the next time we go.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

I have been really excited to try this place out. I love a good steak and I have heard good and bad about this place.. but, you never know till you try something yourself. Our first trip here we left, there was a 3 hour wait..so we decided we would try again later. Well, we went about 2 weeks a go. It's about a 25-30 minute drive for us, so not to bad. Even in a pouring rain storm, we didn't let it stop us..we really wanted to try it. It was a 30 minute wait to be seated, not bad. My wife and I and one of our daughter's all ordered the Ribeye cooked medium. Our other daughter ordered a filet medium. It seemed to take along to bring out bread, then a wait for the salad. Then another long wait for the steaks. First, my wife and one daughter found plastic in the salads. If I had any I ate it..lol. The salads were good, I told them I believed it was from shredding the cheese. Our biggest disappointment was all 3 Ribeyes were well done. Not medium, no pink in the middle. Even the filet was over cooked. Barely a touch of pink in it. Flavor was ok, I've had much better at other steakhouses. Not to crazy about the burnt char they have on the outside, but I can deal with it. What I can't deal with is 4 overcooked steaks. For $150 meal, you should at least get that right. Maybe something was going on in the kitchen. We will wait a while and maybe try again..

Date of visit: June 2019