“Great little restaurant in a historical building/area!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
salt lake city
“Great little restaurant in a historical building/area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had dinner here--it was a private company event--and thought the food was very good. We had brisket with delicious horseradish sauce, pulled pork, mashed potatoes, broccoli salad and to die for creamed corn. Oh my--I've never had such delicious creamed corn! We had a choice of cheesecake--dreamsicle (very citrusy--but I like that) and banana cream (fabulous!!!!). I'm not a fan of cheesecake but I enjoyed tasting both of these. The owner shared the history of Moorseville with us. The service was great. We all enjoyed it!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank olgabs

Huntsville, Alabama
“Average Food...Poor Value...Good Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

A group of us went to Mooresville for lunch. The restaurant refused to serve us tap water, rather they insisted only the $1.95 per bottle water could be provided. The food was uniformly only very mediocre and uninspired. The service was good, but our appetites had disappeared because of the high prices. We all agreed that not one of us would return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Helga H
North Alabama
“Average to pretty good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

This small restaurant is normally only open for weekday lunches. We ate there twice for a Sunday school Christmas dinner (we took up the whole place). They also cater events such as weddings. Pretty standard turkey and dressing with sides and good desserts. The old store is decorated with all kinds of "everyday" antiques, such as phones, cooking tools etc. - fun to look at and even more fun to explain to a youngster! Their hours are so limited we simply can't go there when they're normally open.

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank S0uthlander
Huntsville, Alabama
“Make this place your "last eatery of choice"....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

This restaurant is located in an old store building on a stretch of abandoned highway (due to building an interstate nearby) adjacent to Mooresville, a really neat, old town. I actually patronized the store many years ago when it was a "General Merchandise" establishment. This location has the potential to be an ideal location for a restaurant......That's the good news.
My wife and I are foodies and love to visit different restaurants. We had never heard of this place, but actually stumbled upon it a while back. When we started asking around about it, no one seemed to have much info. That should have been a "red flag". Later, we stopped in one morning for a late breakfast, but the door was locked (even though the hours listed showed it should have been open). We saw some people walking on the street beside it and queried them. The reply we got was "no one eats there". I was determined to get some info and spotted a large tent in the back. I found people working back there, obviously preparing for an event. When I asked them about eating there, I got a curt response that they were setting up for a wedding reception. Sooooo....
After a few weeks to try to get some additional info and objectivity, here's my take: Even though their website says they serve food, this is really just a catering kind of place that allows friends (think "clique") to come in for breakfast and lunch. The food might be excellent, but I'll never know because this place does not meet my criteria for a quality restaurant. Keep driving.....

• Visited October 2011