“Make sure you ask for no sour cream in the soup”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Moody
Cuisines: American
Odenville
“Make sure you ask for no sour cream in the soup”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

If you have allergies or don't like sour cream, you must tell them to not put it in your soup. It seems like a habit to do so here.

I have always loved Ruby Tuesdays and have never had a bad meal at any of them before this week. Me and my family live nearby and have only been here a few times. The salad greens were wilty, the baked potatoes were old, not just like from lunch but from yesterday or the day before. The lobster was over cooked and really small and the soup (besides being covered in sour cream), was very small in quantity.

I guess the biggest issue came when time to pay and the bill hit $48.96 where I had water and salad/soup, my wife had crap cakes, and my son the special: stake and lobster. For that price I should have bought the goods and made it myself.

I will give them credit for an attempt to satisfy me. I left my name and number, getting a phone call from the manager offering to make the meal right with a free dessert or something. I think the free replacement meal and a better guard on that sour cream dispenser would be more appropriate given the total disappointment I had with the meal.

Only time will tell if they are sincere or pulling my chain.

Leeds, Alabama
“Atmosphere is good, food is usually tasty but service is sketchy”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

In 2009 the restaurant's interior was completely renovated. Gone is the dusty sports equipment nailed to the walls. The ambiance is now sophisticated casual dining. The signature salad bar is consistently fresh and the avocado salad dressing is a nice alternative to the salad dressings that are staples at most salad bars. The mini-burgers are a favorite. For this location being so far inland the Jumbo Crab Cake (available as an app or entree) is surprisingly meaty. My favorite menu item is the Southwestern Spring Roll appetizers. Perfectly crunchy spring rolls that are served with a spicy southwestern sauce.
Now for the bad news the service is slow and at times the servers have not known the brands of beer and wine available to diners which in my eyes is server training 101. After visiting the location regularly we can't figure out if the service issues are because the server turnover is high or that the management doesn't take the time to train their staff.
This is one of the few places that still allows smoking in the bar area. We don't notice the smell while seated but you do get a good whiff when at the salad bar.