“Generic, vanilla....”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moody
Wardensville, WV
“Generic, vanilla....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Motel 6 type room. Some odor, I think it usually was used for families with pets. Everythinjg in room was generic. Beds were somewhat hard. No restaurants nearby. Receptionist polite and helpful. Large bath-tub. Air conditioning, wireless internet good. Accepted AARP discount.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

We were traveling from TX to SC with our two kids plus our small pets and decided to stay for the night at this motel. Worst decision because the room is not worth the price, the bathroom was disgusting with the bath tub walls having pubic hairs and dirty handprints plus the shower curtain being moldy. The bathroom was also smelly like urine. There were no toiletries provided either. What kind of housekeeping is being done? The beds were not that great either and the room smelled like smoke although it was a non-smoking room. This motel should be shut down because it is a disgrace to the Super 8 Motel chain!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank janie74us

Travelers are raving about these Moody hotels

Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

I know "Low End Super 8" may sound redundant but I've stayed in some pretty decent ones before. This is not one of them. I was looking for a cheap place to crash for the night and got what I paid for. Check in was quick. Neighborhood looked sketchy. I didn't feel safe and was worried about my vehicle. Nothing happened. Looked like a lot of contractors were staying there and the hotel was quiet. Room was ok. Not the cleanest but about what I expected by the look of the property. If you need a cheap place to lay your head for the night this would probably be ok.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Moody, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Yes it was cheaper than staying in Birmingham, but it was not worth the money I paid. Don't call the 800 number ... they said the hotel was full. I got a CHEAPER rate on Priceline as soon as I hung up with the person who answered the 800 number, who incidently couldn't tell the difference between Moody, AL and Mobile, AL. I told her 3 times I wanted the Super 8 in Moody. She kept telling me there was no such place in Mobile. It would be nice if the people on the other end of the phone could UNDERSTAND english.
Checked in just before midnight. FREE parking. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was ok. Towels were smelly. Make sure you take the bedspread off, don't even think of laying on it. Was able to access WiFI from the room. Basically it was a crash pad from midnight until 7:00AM. Free CNN & HBO.
Breakfast available was coffee, frosted flakes and fruit loops in dispensers (don't ask me how long they looked like they had been in there), and English Muffins. OJ was in the fridge.. I just took the coffee ... and headed to Burger King for HOT food!!! Waffle House is also nearby. I would give this hotel 5/10

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

I have to say I cannot recommend this motel. The blankets smelled and seemed unclean, we were woken up by a staff member knocking at 7:30 am after we were trying to sleep in after a long nights drive, they did not replace our towels, when we arrived the room was scorching hot, and we were refused even an extra 15 minutes for extended check out.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank streetlightbryan
NW AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

This is an older property, and like a couple of other Super 8s that I've stayed at over the last few years, it is undergoing renovation and repair (I saw a contractor working, before I left). The room is quiet. The staff was particularly helpful, when I arrived near midnight, and the website I'd used had bungled my reservation. They took care of the previous reservation, billed me the same rate, and got me a room in about 2 minutes.
The room was fairly standard: TV, microwave, fridge, two double beds (all that was available), coffee service, hair dryer, etc. However, unlike some other places I've stayed, it was very, very clean. The bed was on the low end, but I slept well. The area was extremely humid, and the upper walls in the bathroom showed signs of recent work and uneven paint. I was worried that there was mold, because I have severe mold allergies, but upon closer inspection, there was none (turns out they air out each room for several hour, after cleaning).
This is no resort, but if you don't want to pay a hundred dollars or more for a clean room in the Birmingham area, drive the extra 20 minutes. This is a steal. (And visit the Waffle House before you leave for one of the nicest staffs you've ever met. The Super 8 folks were great, but the Waffle House folks stand out from years of traveling)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NWA_VP
Branson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

Nice clean hotel, very quiet. Great deal for the price. Large rooms.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank funplace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moody
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Leeds
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bass Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville

Been to Super 8 Moody? Share your experiences!