“Love this place”

Ranked #161 of 463 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Fusion
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food and service are great! I have had lunch at Street Cafe many times in the past 5+ years, and I have never been disappointed. Try the chicken bowl!

• Visited June 2014

“No hot water for tea?”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

One would think that any Asian themed restaurant would have hot tea available all the time. Well, this is the second time I patronized Street Cafe after the renovations and was told by the waitress that they'd have to go boil me some water if I wanted hot tea! I settled for a glass of sweet iced tea instead. And then, our dining experience was marred by two ladies in the adjacent booth, chatting at full volume with their cell fones with obnoxious ringtones, going off constantly and one even advising how much morphine to give to a patient. Ban the cell fones and boil some water, folks!

• Visited June 2014
Wetumpka, Alabama
“A Regular Visit”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I come here often as the one place we can always depend upon to serve good food. The service here is excellent. Food is out fast, hot and delicious. If you can't find something on this menu, then you just don't want to eat.

The lunch boxes during the week are a great choice to get a taste of some different selections for a reasonable price. During the weekends, the bowls will fit the bill and fill you up. Most entrees come with the soup and salad.

This place started opening on Sundays for lunch, and it appears to be a success. Anyone who rates this place bad is probably the competition, so I wouldn't take those reviews too seriously.

• Visited March 2013
Pike Road, AL
“Yummm for a Great Lunch!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Met a friend for a lunch date and was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Took out food for my hubby at work and he loved it too. It was hot, quick, the service was attentive but not at all distracting. It is a loud restaurant, so you need to be ready for that if you go during lunch rush. Very reasonably priced - will definitely look forward to going back again.

• Visited January 2013
“Yummy Difference”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My teenage daughter and I love this place. The spices used are so good. The meat actually tastes chargrilled as advertised, not George Foreman marks on the meat, but the true taste of chargrilled. This adds so much. For the salad to be basically lettuce, the dressing is so good. And the soup is basically broth, but oh how flavorful! The brown rice is very tasty and cooked perfectly. The veggies are very good as well. I got the dumpling appetizer, and this is one of our favs now. My daughter got the chicken/steak teriyaki dinner. We shared this to experience the different items. Wonderful! And the service is excellent. We're always seated quickly, and all are very courteous. We'll keep going back. The uses to be closed on Sunday, but they're now open.

• Visited January 2013