“Great Location in Downtown Montgomery!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Cumming, Georgia
“Great Location in Downtown Montgomery!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites for one night on 4/11/14 and could not have been more pleased. We are originally from Montgomery and it's nice to see how much they have done to reinvent the downtown area. The room as clean, hotel was very pretty and the breakfast was very good. The one thing that we were so impressed with and prompted me to write this review was the staff. The three staff members working throughout Friday (day and night 4/11/14) were beyond helpful and pleasant. Great personalities and so friendly! They went out of their way to make suggestions for us to help us as we were trying to figure out routes, dining, parking and tourist options. I wish I had their names so I could mention them, but they made our stay a great one! Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
South Daytona, Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Lovely old building, nice appointed with all the modern comforts and conveniences. I stayed for two nights and was very, very comfortable. The only "disturbance" was that my room was located right behind the elevator shaft...not that it was terribly noisy, but the sound sound of the elevator going up and down (kind of a "whoosh/roll" sound) may be bothersome to some. All staff I encountered were pleasant. The continental breakfast was better than most I usually see at Hampton Inns...same stuff, but much better maintained. I will definitely always check this hotel for availability when traveling to Montgomery in the future!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms right behind the elevator shaft, if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn in Montgomery. It was a nice price point and the location was perfect. Easy on/off freeway access and all of the historic landmarks were in walking distance. There is also a nice variety of restaurants close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Eclectic
Reviewed April 11, 2014

In one word... AWESOME... a remodeled hotel that has all of the modern amenities but retains much of the old style. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly, knowledgeable and eager to help. And the complimentary breakfast... yes, awesome!!! The location is also great... within walking distance of all downtown Montgomery river area activities, including the Montgomery Biscuits games.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the downtown Hampton on 3/28/14. I left my watch on the desk when I checked out. I called the hotel about an hour and a half after I left. The desk person checked with the cleaning crew and then I was told that they had found the watch. I asked them if they could hold it until the next Friday when I would be coming back by there, and they said sure. On Friday I called to say I would be there to pick it up. At that time I was told that they didn't have the watch, that they had found a silver make up case and not a watch. Big difference between a make up case and a watch. The manager called me back about 10 minutes later and ask me to dsescribe the watch. When I descrbed it as a black watch , she told me they had found a siver watch..So first they foiund my watch, and then it was changed to a make up case, and then to a silver watch. There is no doubt that they found my watch and then someone took it. The manager defended the staff and had no explanation for all the different stories. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again. Can't stand thieves and that's what they have working for them and they defend them.

Room Tip: Stay some where else
Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank pop6371
Lakresha D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. However, I would like to also advise you that the watch that you reported lost was never found. The housekeeping staff did locate a watch, but the watch was silver and not black. The housekeeping attendant that located the watch speaks very little english, and misunderstood what was being asked. I apologize, that we dropped the ball on assuring the item was yours, before calling you back. Please accept my sincere apology for any trouble or inconvenience this may have caused to you. I was out when the incident occured, in which you spoke with my Guest Service Manager, however I will be in contact with you in the coming days to make our best attempt in regaining your confidence in our company. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occuring in the future. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future,

Lakresha
Bronx
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although refurbished, much of the classic charm remains in this grand old downtown hotel. Helpful staff, nice rooms, a great downtown location and a tasty breakfast make for a very pleasant stay. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nestor D
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Nice hotel near the riverwalk and baseball stadium. Was original assigned room 211 but didn't like it because the view was of the airhandler; Ramona at the front desk was happy to change the room for us. Sure glad she did as we were able to see the riverwalk, the riverboat and the fireworks at the end of the game from our new room 901. The hotel was in a remodeled old building so the room was set up kind of funny but there was plenty of space and everything was neat and clean. We were told it would be about 20 min before the valet could get out car to us from the valet parking lot but he was back way before that; thanks!!

Room Tip: Room 901 during baseball season to see the 11 pm fireworks Do not stay in room 211!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends