“Montgomery AL downtown”

Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
knoxville, United States
“Montgomery AL downtown”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Interesting historic hotel renovation in revitalized riverfront area of Montgomery. Would like to visit again to explore the downtown riverfront area and the Visitors Center located in 1898 renovated train station. Several nice restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for quite, this isn't it. It has a lot of street noise and you hear every door in the hallway open and slam shut. There really no parking so you pretty much have to valet($10) each time. The water was always hot in our room, no cold at all. The breakfast was just ok. They building is very nicely redone. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, spacious. It was good for a quick stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in room 203, which just so happens to be right next to the elevator. Upon arrival, we noticed there was a utility-type closet in our room. A little odd but was of no real concern to us at the time. We were out extremely late after a football game at Auburn and planned to sleep in the next morning - that is until bright and early we started hearing the most awful racket on repeat. Super loud and it was continuous, every 5 or 10 minutes. Never could tell if it was due to the elevator or something else. None the less, it woke us up hours before we wanted to be up and hours before check out. Very annoying but it wasn't until we tried to tell the front desk receptionist about it that I got angry. She never looked my husband in the eyes when he was telling her about the problem, never offered an apology, and shrugged it off like they had never had a similar complaint from that room. The hotel is nice - but please don't stay in room 203 - or might I mention anywhere on the 2nd floor as it is open to the main floor below and you get all the noisy chatter of guests checking out.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bndavids
Venice, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was surprised that there really wasn't any parking available. I think only 15 parking spaces that were all used. The only option left was valet parking which costs money......my room was in an old building and some paint looked like it was chipping off the windows. My desk chair did not come up all the way so it felt like I was sitting on the floor trying to type on my computer. I saw another chair in the room so I used that. It was dirty on both sides of the chair and was really wobbly. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were too small and hard even though they were down. My duvet had big clups of down or whatever it was stuffed with. Overall, it wasn't a bad stay but I am used to staying at the Hyatt or Marriott so I shouldn't compare......thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Ozark, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As always when I stay in Montgomery Alabama I return to The Hampton downtown. The staff are always ready and eager to make your stay exceptional. Rooms are exceptional along with the breakfast. The BEST place to stay in downtown Montgomery Alabama !

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great hotel in a refurbished part of downtown. Lots of nice restaurants and bars on the block. Check out the Alley Bar which is top notch and fun. I would recommend this hotel. Clean rooms, friendly staff. The only downside is the parking. The valet lot is behind their building so if you need your car, call down a few minutes before you depart unless you want to wait in the lobby.

New York, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.