“SO SO Visit”

Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Venice, United States
“SO SO Visit”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was surprised that there really wasn't any parking available. I think only 15 parking spaces that were all used. The only option left was valet parking which costs money......my room was in an old building and some paint looked like it was chipping off the windows. My desk chair did not come up all the way so it felt like I was sitting on the floor trying to type on my computer. I saw another chair in the room so I used that. It was dirty on both sides of the chair and was really wobbly. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were too small and hard even though they were down. My duvet had big clups of down or whatever it was stuffed with. Overall, it wasn't a bad stay but I am used to staying at the Hyatt or Marriott so I shouldn't compare......thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ozark, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As always when I stay in Montgomery Alabama I return to The Hampton downtown. The staff are always ready and eager to make your stay exceptional. Rooms are exceptional along with the breakfast. The BEST place to stay in downtown Montgomery Alabama !

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great hotel in a refurbished part of downtown. Lots of nice restaurants and bars on the block. Check out the Alley Bar which is top notch and fun. I would recommend this hotel. Clean rooms, friendly staff. The only downside is the parking. The valet lot is behind their building so if you need your car, call down a few minutes before you depart unless you want to wait in the lobby.

New York, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.This could be a good hotel but corporate cheapness means I'll avoid Hampton in the future. Now you say I must leave 200 characters. Typical.

Huntley, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I love this place! the location is great...the staff is friendly & helpful. The rooms are always clean and the wifi is fast. There is a neat downtown area down the street with great restaurants. the cookies are yummy.

North Augusta, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel. I was glad to see police/security walking the streets in downtown area and in front of the hotel. Excellent restaurant choices within walking distance. Valet did scratch my vehicle but I didn't notice until I was well out of town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Wetumpka, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent Hotel, very friendly staff, great location. Exceeded my expectations. The Breakfast Buffet was excellent. My Grandsons especially enjoyed the waffles and fruit. We attended a wedding during this stay and the staff was more than accommodating with all that we needed to do. Thanks to all of the staff at the Montgomery downtown Hampton. Excellent location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family