Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very responsive to any request that was made. We needed some extra coffee and creamer in the room for the next morning an within 15 minutes it was delivered to our door. The view was excellent overlooking the river. A very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Renaissance a couple of other times and it has always been nice, but the staff has really stepped the customer service up another notch! My mother & I stayed one night for the Chonda Pierce performance and I can't say enough about the service we received. Everyone seemed genuinely pleased to have us there. The hotel is beautiful...I love the rooftop pool. The valet staff was wonderful. Breakfast was delicious. Our room and beds were so comfy. We had a great view of the river. It was a perfect little get away.

Room Tip: Loved our room with a river view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I are Marriott Gold members and stay at Marriott properties regularly. We have always loved the Renaissance brand. We've had the privilege of staying at many different Renaissance properties and this particular one is the best we have ever experienced.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was immaculate and luxurious. Very posh bathroom. Similar to a JW Marriott level of elegance. Nice large flat screen tv with excellent reception on all channels. The ac unit operated perfectly and I don't even remember hearing it run. Very quiet.

The service at the front desk was A level. We were greeted with a smile and hospitable conversation. You actually felt genuinely welcomed to the hotel. Even at checkout the desk staff were friendly, cordial, and accomodating.

My only complaint would be the parking charge. Valet is $18. Self parking is $12 and you have to park in the back of the hotel. We elected valet since we arrived late.

I highly recommend this Renaissance property. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip. The hotel is pretty large, and the rooms are pretty nice. The fitness center was empty on a Friday morning, and had nice equipment. The rooftop pool looked pretty nice but I did not get a chance to enjoy it. While the website advertises a rooftop track, it's simply a painted red trail that circles around the rooftop.

We were able to walk around the surrounding streets around 9 am on a Friday morning looking for a breakfast place, but it was pretty quiet and deserted. I'm not sure if this is what Montgomery is usually like, but it was kind of eerie. No breakfast places were open either, unfortunately, so we ate back at the hotel restaurant called, The House. Overall, a nice hotel to stay at if you are in the area!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic from the beginning to the end. We have stayed in Marriott properties for the past 15 years and I think this was our best experience so far!! Check-in was hosted by a delightful lady that gave me details about the hotel. When we went to our room we were pleasantly surprised by the decor, spaciousness and fantastic Aveda products in the bath. The beds are also very comfortable!! We ate breakfast with a wonderful staff. Very friendly and attentive. Locally smoked sausage conecuh
was on the menu and is now my husbands favorite!! When we checked out even the valet staff was well above average!! Thank you for a great stay and you have set the bar high for our expectations at Renaisance properties.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very nice hotel with a really good restaurant. I stayed at the beginning of the week and they still had outdoor entertainment every night at their patio area. The location was very convenient with many really great restaurants within very short walking distance, and the riverfront area was right across the street. I had a nice view from my room and could see the riverboat chugging along when I arrived on Sunday night. If I ever have the opportunity to visit Montgomery again I would love to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We came to Montgomery for our son's Air Force graduation and some sightseeing. The hotel was well run with very nice rooms and public areas. The river is right across the street, the baseball park is a block and many restaurants and other sights are also close.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west end of the hotel or you will hear the music from the outdoor restaurant like...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Montgomery hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center
Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery
Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-East Chase
Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery

Been to Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!