“Beautiful hotel, great concierge lounge”

Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Vermont
“Beautiful hotel, great concierge lounge”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for buisness. The hotel is gorgeous and the upgrade to an executive suite with a corner room overlooking the river was fantastic. Outdoor music nightly at the Exchange is very nice. The service in the Exchange is very very slow and the food I had was awful (homemade chips and onion dip. Soft potatoes and tasteless dip).

Great location downtown with The Alley right across the street wiht a choice of five very different restaurants.

I was shocked that the Spa didn't return my two voicemails trying to book a massage. I also mentioned this at the front desk and I never got a call back from the spa. Very disappointing service for such a high end hotel.

The Concierge lounge was wonderful for those with gold/platinum status. Nightly apps were good, breakfast had a great variety and daily snacks available were also great.

Room Tip: River view rooms are great, but if you want to sleep before 11pm when the outdoor music ends, ask fo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Atlanta
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just stayed this past weekend while visiting family. The hotel seemed really busy with LSU & Auburn fans everywhere but the service was excellent! Had dinner & drinks in the Exchange then stayed for a while. As the football fans returned, the place was slammed! However your bartenders & servers did an excellent job! The bartender Tabitha was especially awesome! She kept her calm, sense of humor and gave great service!
My room was perfect, love the bathrooms! Did not use the spa or the restaurant but next time!
Thanks and hope to stay next time on my visit to my family!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is indeed gorgeous - I stayed there many months ago. I had a fantastic window view of the river and historic buildings, and the location for my business in town was ideal. I got a close-up view of the fireworks they do each night, which was absolutely incredible.

The only reason I rank this 3 stars and not 5 is that so many things that now are included in the price are extra fees at this hotel. Internet is $13.95/day, the restaurants in the hotel are expensive, parking was $12-$20/day, etc. I even had a friend come visit me and she had to pay $12 to park her car for 2 hours!

I like hotels that include a lot in the price, and if Internet and guest parking (for visitors, not even necessarily people staying at hotel) were included in the price, I probably would give this a 5-star. But all those extra expenses made me wish I'd just stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Author_Elaine
Ringgold, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was traveling with my grandparents and when we got there to check in they upgraded us to a suite so we would fit more comfortably. Our room was amazing. Wonderful view of downtown, great bed, more than I could have asked for. Thanks for an outstanding stay!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank veggieguy0
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I used my Marriott Rewards Points for 2 free nights at the Renaissance and a romantic weekend getaway. We went to a Biscuits game and this was the perfect location.

I had reserved a king but was taken to a room on the 9th floor with 2 queens. I called the front desk and they sent someone up with new "keys" to a new room on the 12th floor after about 15 minutes. The staff were all very nice. This king room looked to be in better repair. (The other room had some peeling wallpaper and looked a little worn.) The room was pretty clean.

Our room phone never worked so I had to use my cell phone to call the desk. I notified the desk of television problems the night we checked in. It was late. After 20 minutes I called them back (on my cell) and told them to not worry about it. My husband fixed it the next day. It was just a cord. I notified the desk of the phone several times but no one ever checked it.

On the day of check out we never got our bill (under the door) and the cleaning staff tried to open the door while we were still in the bed! This was around 9 am. Check out was not until 11 am. Thankfully, we had the latch on the door. Still, it scared me and could have been embarrassing. I had to wait for about 15-20 minutes to check out behind two other people.

So, all in all, I recommend this hotel for the location and the staff but you should weigh that with pricey parking - $12 for self parking or $17 for valet parking - and having to pay for wifi. The next time I have to PAY to stay in downtown I will consider the Hampton across the street.

Room Tip: Try not to get near a room used for parties.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GermFreak
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at the hotel more than one mouth from June until end of July, 2011 , Im trying retrieve my memory to find any single complain to say BUT I couldn't finds any, people who follow my rivew they know I don't fake my rivew or give any compliment to whom not deserve.However, the only complain I can say that almost every weekend the hotel has an event and when that is, you will be frustrated in using the elevator because you have to stay in a line for a while in order to get in. So I really recommend the hotel to add more elevators or do one or tow for the guest who come to clebreat their occasion or so.
The hotel in the best location very close from Maxwell AFB, the downtown. Hopefully my rivew meet your satisfaction,,, thank you..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Everything is beautiful in this hotel but...not for families especially when traveling for sports. Nothing allowed at pool deck. No food, drinks, pool balls, etc.. unless purchased here and they are rarely open. A water $3.71, right??? We're here for a week, just doesn't work for us. They tell you go to your room, then the business person next door complains your too loud. You pay for parking, internet, your breakfast, nothing is included in your room rate. Then your treated like your in jail. Their explanation why nothing can be accomodated to families that have reserved hundreds of rooms.....IT'S A LIABILITY!!!! Come on fix your elevator that closed on me and clean your pool grime off the walls, those are real liabilities!!!! Definately will never stay at a Renaissance Hotel for the many, many sporting hotel trips we will be taking in the future ever again. Only hotel that has ever treated us this way.

Room Tip: Not for families staying on extended sporting events.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family