“Two years rebelling for no good reason...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Montgomery, Alabama
“Two years rebelling for no good reason...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I might be a seafood snob to most Montgomery folk... I grew up on the Gulf Coast- walking to the back yard to pull up a crab trap to see what's for dinner was the only way I thought of seafood. So, of course, I have spent my first two years in Montgomery avoiding this place. ALL of the locals would tell me how wonderful it is and yadayadayada... but I just thought they didn't know any better. SHAME ON ME! I finally gave in and tried it out... HOLY COW- I was not disappointed. Actually, I was shocked. The gumbo was fantastic- not like my mother's- but a different kind of good. Everything else was fresh and tasty. I would go every day if I could afford it. It will be a great local spot to take any friends that come to town.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KRS613

“Always Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I wanted to share the Jubilee experience with my partner. I had lived in the Old Coverdale area 27 years ago and this was my favorite place to eat. I live in Texas now and we were in Montgomery and just had to eat at Jubilee. We were not disappointed. It still has the same great food as I remembered! Thanks Jubilee!

• Visited April 2014
Madison, Alabama
“Great Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

First of all, if you are not familiar with Montgomery, Alabama, and are going for dinner, use a GPS navigator to get here. We had Google Maps printed out and missed it twice. It is in a small strip mall and is dark at night. It didn't help that the 'Jubilee' in the restaurant sign was not working, so all we saw was 'seafood'. We went with a group and had a private dining room, so I am not sure how large this restaurant really is, but I had some of the best seafood ever! I had the flounder, and my husband had the fried shrimp. The person sitting next to me had the Scamp. (Not Scampi, Scamp). We had the crab claw appetizer. It was all delicious, and the service was excellent. If you like good seafood, this place is well worth finding. The prices may be higher, but the food is worth it!

• Visited February 2014
“Seafood-Can't MISS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Jubilee Seafood has always had a great reputation! The seafood is pricey, but I would rather pay a little more for excellent food, than pay a little less for mediocre food like Wintzell's. The drinks are STRONG! Appetizers are great! Gumbo is the best in town! Oysters Jubilee are great! I have not had a dish here that I did not love! I have seen bad reviews of the sides of rice and slaw. I am crazy about their slaw, and the rice has a rich mushroom flavor that I haven't found anywhere else. Tonight is my birthday dinner, and I have chosen this dinner as my present. This remains one of my favorites in town!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montgomery, Alabama
“Closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch... out of business! No sign or sign of life... Too bad after all the great reviews in the past........