WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Malone
Description: Recognized as one of Alabama"s Top 10 Dining Experiences, Michael's Table features international comfort foods and the finest wine list in the city.
Delta, Canada
“neat little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went with a large group 20+, so they closed the place for our event. They are a fixed menu, enough choice for all. I had the Grouper, excellent meal. The wine and beer selection was great. A very eclectic staff. The waitress had her section in stitches. Ours had a much more dry wit.

I would definitely recommend this place

Visited November 2012

Alabama
“Tasty and creative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had lunch here with some professional colleagues and it was very good. Very attentive service and a creative menu. Excellent salads! Everyone at our table was quite pleased with their meals. Interesting desserts. The key lime pie has an oreo cookie crust that is delicious. Their gelatos are unique and, while it sounds weird, the olive oil basil gelato was delicious. I'll come back the next time I'm in Montgomery.

• Visited November 2012
Panama City, Florida
“Pleasant Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I do a fair amount of business travel and try to visit one of the top 3 tripadvisor restaurants during each trip to a new city. I tried Michael's Table based on the good reviews it received here.

First of all, this restaurant was difficult to find. It is on the back-ish side of a strip mall "look for Zoe's Kitchen, we're behind that." Trendy Zelda Place? I don't think so. It IS a relatively new strip mall, but not trendy. The restaurant WAS trendy, though. Once seated inside, the decor was lovely.

I had a reservation for 5:30, opening time. I made the reservation on Open Table at 4:45 but the restaurant had no record. Maybe it was too short a time period for a reservation. The hostess did seat me but it almost felt like I was being accused of dishonesty because my reservation didn't show up. I made the reservation because the website insists a reservation needs to be made. The place was nearly full by 6:00, so definitely make a reservation should you decide to eat here.

I ordered soft shell crab, half and half sweet tea (half sweet, half unsweet - always do this in the south unless you like your tea uber sweet!) and for dessert the chocolate bread pudding. My dinner was okay, soft shell crab probably wasn't the way for me to go since I had never tried it before - there was an oogy factor when I bit into the shell, but the bread pudding was to die for! Rich chocolate ice cream with a slice of chocolate bread pudding! Yum!

While friendly, the staff came across as a bit pretentious. Thank you for explaining to me that gazpacho is cold tomato soup and that boeuf du jour is today's beef dish. I guess many people may not know this...

Try it once, if nothing else, for the dessert.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norfolk, Virginia
“Super yummy! Try it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went hear on a friends recommendation. GREAT service. Quaint. Not crowded. Yummy, hot food. Small menu but plenty of great stuff to pick from. Best collards I have ever had. Will be back for sure!

• Visited July 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
“Nouveau French”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Started out as a truly innovative restaurant, but like the economy has drooped into fairly standard dishes served slowly and overpriced to boot. Disappointing for the past several months, will try again in the fall.

Visited June 2012