“Super yummy! Try it”

Michael's Table
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Malone
Description: Recognized as one of Alabama"s Top 10 Dining Experiences, Michael's Table features international comfort foods and the finest wine list in the city.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went hear on a friends recommendation. GREAT service. Quaint. Not crowded. Yummy, hot food. Small menu but plenty of great stuff to pick from. Best collards I have ever had. Will be back for sure!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Started out as a truly innovative restaurant, but like the economy has drooped into fairly standard dishes served slowly and overpriced to boot. Disappointing for the past several months, will try again in the fall.

2  Thank JW S
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We came here to celebrate a special occasion and weren't disappointed with the food or the service. I had a salad special which had a hint of salvia, fresh greens and a delicious change from all the typical salad dressings. For my entree, I had their sweet corn tamales, again it was delicious! We would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I were visiting the Montgomery area with friends. The four of us ate at the restaurant which was our first night in town. The service was very good as well as the scrumptious food. It's not a very large place and the menu is limited; but that was just fine with us. The oysters were tasty and the grilled shrimp were excellent. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I am biased toward Michael's Table in two ways: Chef Michael Hochhalter is a friend, and he has created a atmosphere and cuisine that pushes the edge of Montgomery's envelope very close to air-mail in its cosmopolitan influences; such that each time I go there I feel like I'm anywhere else but in Montgomery...a Parisian bistro, a London chop house, and a Mediterranean cafe, with a little gemutlichkeit thrown in for good measure. Some of my favorite dishes are: the Jaegerschnitzel--a pork cutlet served with mashed potatoes; the Thai Chicken Quesadillas; and any fish dish. A nice surprise on the wine list is a German Pinot Noir--who knew? The service is good and charming, and the experience memorable.

2  Thank David B